Is it just my kids? Bad mum?

kat132

3 boys
Reaction score
having a bit of a vent here. I want to know if its just my kids who never listen/do as their told etc.

My 2 older boys literally never do anything i ask them to do! All i ask of them is to keep their room tidy enough for me to actually get in there without falling over and killing myself! Keep dirty clothes in the wash bin and take plates out into the kitchen...... thats it. i dont ask anything else of them but they cant even do that for me!!! they fight all the time, they never do as their told and i can be talking to them and they are trying to look over my shoulder to get to the tv!!!! i am so upset at the moment and all this going on with a very demanding 10 month old and no help around :cry:

Anyone got any advice for me? Feel like a really crap mum but when i say that to DH he just tells me to stop being silly.
BTW i have tried pocket money, reward charts, bribes :blush:, etc but it works for a week then they go back to how they were.

Your not a crap mum:) Does your DH do alot around the house? Sometimes the kids follow the lead. How old are the older boys?

Your not a crap mum:) Does your DH do alot around the house? Sometimes the kids follow the lead. How old are the older boys?

no DH doesnt do much at all as he works very long hours. Boys are 8 and almost 6. just find it very hard sometimes. where i live they have 12 week summer holidays as well so i still have 3 weeks left!:wacko:

The worst listening of m lo is when it is time to go somewhere, like leave to go somewhere absolutely awful but I think thats age related. The other day at the beach I saw another kid same age who wasnt keen on getting moving. Oh and tidy up I think your nearly 6 ear would still need help tidying up or motivation to tidy up. I know mine surely does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->