Is it me or is this advise a bit odd

stephwiggy

Reaction score
https://shop.saveoursleep.co.uk/category/2550/

Tizzie Hall is well known for her advice on routines, sleep, and breastfeeding.

She is not a Lactation Consultant.

Her advice is, IMO, likely to result in the cessation of breastfeeding well before health norms and guidelines would suggest the child is ready. This has well known risks for both mothers and babys.

But it isn't just this which makes me very uncomfortable with her advice. Generically, she is trying to dominate, control, manipulate, and otherwise conform babies to the behaviour she wishes to elicit. I'm not comfortable with that. Many parenting books and styles work from this paradigm; Tizzie is a more extreme example.

But as I've learnt to trust my baby, to trust myself, to listen, to learn from my children; to describe rather than judge, to enjoy rather than change, to work with the environment my children are nurtured with rather than try to manipulate my children.... I become the parent I want to be. And that is very different from the Tizzie approach.

For me, it all started with breastfeeding.

Totally asinine. All of it.

Not to mention you can't predict when a growth spurt is coming on. They tend to be at about the same ages. But some babies have more, some less, some start a bit early, some a bit late. You certainly can't say "Well, my baby is going to have a spurt next week so I must pump more this week." :roll:

Clearly her approach is all about making it easier for the parent, not the baby. You can tell that in every line of that page. That's not my parenting style. I didn't become a parent so that I could have a little person to control. I became a parent so I could have a little person to nurture. Big difference.

She also advises using 20+ blankets on babies at night to force them to sleep through; very dangerous outdated advice!

She's a wackjob and doesn't even have any qualifications; there was a huge thread about her in baby club a while back.

oh i missed previous threads just one today mentioning she had been on TV - ive never heard of her - but she perhaps would suit dog trainer rather than "baby wisperer"

the pumping advise is almost funny tho - its sooo odd

Whilst I do not agree with some (well most) her methods she does back up what she says on a few things in this blog post (after some concerned Mums on FB expressed their views I think)

https://blog.saveoursleep.com/2011/03/22/hello-facebook-fan-page-guest/

She seems to have forgotten that babies are little human beings. I don't do the same thing at the same time everyday, so why should I expect my son to do that? Also, I haven't followed a routine and I can usually tell what Isaac wants when he cries. Why should I only be able to do that if we were following a routine?

I can't imagine treating my little guy as if he's a problem to be dealt with, but that seems to be what her advice is. Very strange.

THIS WOMAN BOILS MY TEMPER
‎Tizzie Hall - Save Our Sleep® - The International Baby Whisperer
Advises you put up to 12 blankets on a baby = Overheat ur child,
starve them so they sleep longer after a feed
let thm lie in there own shit as they do it so they can so they can stay up and the also cry until they vomit as a game
She completely disgusts me. Not all babies will sleep through the night, and trying to train them from 2 weeks is disgusting. A baby should be aloud a night feed until they are ready to come off it themselves.

https://www.babyandbump.com/teenage-parenting/722111-tizzie-hall.html some of her lovely advice I quoted

I HATE this woman. And if I saw her in the street, I would quite happily whack her one. :grr:

lol, i am so glad I'm not the only one who dislikes TH!!!!!!!!!!! I have loved following all the altercations on facebook about her and her uber fans, hehe :)

I read up to the part where she gives tips on how to "put off" feeding your crying hungry baby to a time that suits you, and stopped reading in disgust...

FB huh?? I am joining that page right now!! Just to give that weirdo a piece of my mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->