Is it me or would this make you annoyed too?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
I walk dd1 to school everyday, and I am a friendly (but not Flirtatious) person and talk to a few of the parents.

One of the dads always goes out the way to talk to me, he's volunteered the information he is divorced and single and I thought nothing of it until today.
He was waiting for me as he saw me walking to school pushing dd2 in her pram and said:
"I must say, you have the nicest legs and tightest bottom I've seen" Ergh it was the way he looked at me when he said it too :blush:

I was totally surprised and he said that-especially when I'm pushing my two year old looking up at me and he knows im married as he asked?! He's old enough to be my dad and looks like an elf too!

I don't feel like wearing leggings now, knowing he's looking at my bum-eww.

Am I being a bit hormonal and easily irritable, or would this annoy you too?

Just doesn't strike me as outside the school gates ok small talk

I kind of feel upset too-I Thought he was just friendly before this.

Aw nooooo! I'd be a bit disappointed too. I'd probably reply with "Thanks, my husband always says that too" :haha:

Maybe not upset but definitely uncomfortable! Next time he does it you should look really shocked and say firmly that you're married and he should get the message!

Ergh gross, I wouldn't be upset but I'd probably avoid him after that. Any sort of arse/boob compliment is a big red card in my books. Has anyone honestly secured a date like that?

I remember when I was 18 and 7 months pregnant, some lawyer guy clearly in his forties was handing out business cards ("have you been in an accident? etc") and he said to me "that's my personal number...if you know what I mean" and winked. I died.

Thanks ladies-I actually feel like crying, it upset me that much.
I made dd2 run home!

I'm going to see if I can take the car tomorrow.

Hey! you should be honored! Take it as a compliment and walk away....;) if I have two kids and someone still likes my bum I will be like: hell yeah!:haha:
...as long as you are safe because you are at the public place, and not alone with him anywhere, I wouldn't care.
Sorry, that you are uncomfortable, I wish I could give you some expert advice :hugs:

Ugh, it'd bother me a lot. I'd probably try avoiding him in future.

Eww. I really dislike inappropriate men, it's so not okay. I'd avoid all eye contact and small talk with him from now on!

I'd be mortified! How inappropriate, especially n front of your child and knowing you're married.

I'd probably avoid him if that happened to me. But hell, it embarrasses me when my husband says stuff like that, so...

Ugh that is creepy. Really, he feels he must comment on your bottom and physical appearance when you are with your child, outside a school, and are married? I think not! I hope it doesn't put you off walking to school, although I know it would make me feel a bit uncomfortable. I'd think up something to say the next time he makes an inapropriate comment, either the "thanks, my husband says so too" or just "I'd rather you didn't comment actually, I'm sure you just intend it as a friendly compliment but some people would take it to be flirtatious and as a happily married woman I wouldn't want people to overhear and get the wrong idea". I might also add "bcause I would hate for my husband to go back to jail again when he's only just got out" if I was feeling a bit mean.
Hopefully he did just think that you would appreciate the compliment and wasn't trying to hit on you and he won't say anything again.

A lot of men are just inappropriate to be honest, they don't even realise they sound like pervs. Take it as a compliment and try to not let it upset you, and DONT change what you wear and how you travel to school. Let it go over your head, he's just being flirty and thinking with his willy, as men naturally do. Pretty sure he means no harm. I just always laugh it off and carry on with what I'm doing, they will always try and get some cheeky line in somewhere, whether they know you're married or not! A bit different, but I even had a couple of my husbands uncles ask if i was delivering naturally or c section when I was pregnant, I also had a random man in the park with his kids ask me about whether the kids were delivered vaginally. Why on earth would they want to know the state of my vaj?! :huh: Men are weird.

A lot of men are just inappropriate to be honest, they don't even realise they sound like pervs. Take it as a compliment and try to not let it upset you, and DONT change what you wear and how you travel to school. Let it go over your head, he's just being flirty and thinking with his willy, as men naturally do. Pretty sure he means no harm. I just always laugh it off and carry on with what I'm doing, they will always try and get some cheeky line in somewhere, whether they know you're married or not! A bit different, but I even had a couple of my husbands uncles ask if i was delivering naturally or c section when I was pregnant, I also had a random man in the park with his kids ask me about whether the kids were delivered vaginally. Why on earth would they want to know the state of my vaj?! :huh: Men are weird.

I think my mouth would have dropped to the floor if a stranger said that to me. Talk about inappropriate! I did have a guy at work ask me if having a baby had effected things downstairs :haha:

OP I'd have felt uncomfortable too. If he says anything else I think I'd say something like 'look I know you mean no harm and I appreciate the compliment but these type of comments make me feel a little uncomfortable'. If he says things like that to women he probably half expects that kind of response, hopefully he sensed you felt uncomfortable and won't say anything like that in future.

Very inappropriate and I would be very annoyed. I'd hate to think of my husband or my son saying anything like that to a woman. Seems to me he struck up a friendship with you just so he could 'perv' a bit and it was insincere, that's what I'd be most angry about. I wouldn't be flattered at all. Don't be put off taking your LO to school though, just ignore him x

I've been driving to school since...I know I shouldn't change when I was enjoying walking!
This guy never used to walk then he was always there urgh!

When my bump gets more noticeable hopefully he will back off!

Regarding clothes-I wear a gilet, jumper, hat and leggings. I mean if I was wearing hot pants maybe I'd get it.

Ewww- nut shake-what a perv asking that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->