Is it normal for your OH's not to talk about WTT as much as you?

P

Pancha67

I think its because I am currently on my period but I randomly this morning got all emotional and upset because its 1 Month until we TTC now and it seems so real.

I talk about how excited I am CONSTANTLY but sometimes it feels that my OH doesn't. Yes he says he can't wait to have children and talks about "our children" but because he isn't saying it as much as me (or feels that way) I get into my head that he doesn't want it.

I know its probably me just being silly but does anyone else find this? Is it normal for OH's not to seem AS fussed as we are about a TTC date etc?

From my experience I would say YES! I think we get more excited because it's usually our bodies that make us want children, us that carries them, gives birth etc. My OH is definitely not as openly excited as me and if he was, we wouldn't be wtt!
You're so close, don't worry men just aren't usually as open as us about this!

My DH is the same. We are are hopefully TTC from September/ October. I get really excited and talk about it all the time but DH doesn't. Every now and then he will say things like 'when we have our babies' but that's about he, he doesn't talk about TTC at all, unless he's telling me that we have to wait and can't bring it forward haha!

My OH is the same even through TTC he didn't talk about it & when we had our bfp (mmc) he still didn't seem excited!

I was always so upset but I think its just the way some men are unfortunately!

I think ttc and pregnancy doesn't really mean anything to men because nothing really changes, my dh is excited for the baby to be here but he just send to think ttc is a technicality that gets your there, it's like the airport on going on holiday, some people are excited about going to the airport because that means holiday but others just see it as something that has to happen and the holiday is all they are excited about...hoe that makes sense, in other words it's a guy thing!

Yup I agree with the others: It's definitely a guy thing! I have been excited since April when we finally picked a month (before that, it was always, "We'll try soon.") As soon as I had a date to look forward to, I was excited. I know he's excited too, but he's not as outward about it as I am. He does say cute things, like when I put on a dress he'll tell me I'll look cute with a baby bump, and stuff like that... but he's not saying things about TTC as often as I am. Nowhere near as often. I just take it as my hormones are responsible for most of my excitement, whereas for him nothing has really changed.

Yup. It's a guy thing. Mine is happy to talk about it, but only if I bring it up =P

I think its because I am currently on my period but I randomly this morning got all emotional and upset because its 1 Month until we TTC now and it seems so real.

I talk about how excited I am CONSTANTLY but sometimes it feels that my OH doesn't. Yes he says he can't wait to have children and talks about "our children" but because he isn't saying it as much as me (or feels that way) I get into my head that he doesn't want it.

I know its probably me just being silly but does anyone else find this? Is it normal for OH's not to seem AS fussed as we are about a TTC date etc?

Have you tried to talk to him about him not being excited as you are? Maybe he's excited on the inside?

My hubby is the same - he doesn't get excited about things that aren't 'real' or happening. He only got excited when I was actually pregnant and then more when she was born. This time he's quite blaze about TTC (since Feb) and so I feel like I'm the only one going through it really. He just is like that and can't get excited about possibilities like me, only realities.

Yea def think most men are like that until they can physically see or touch will not be excited

I am
Glad it's not just me then!

Yeah I asked him why he doesn't get as excited as me and his reply was "I am excited but I don't have to mention it every day for you to know I want it and am excited about it"

Funnily enough our friends the other day said maybe we should try from
Saturday after my period a month early and he didn't say no! Lol

I am
Glad it's not just me then!

his reply was "I am excited but I don't have to mention it every day for you to know I want it and am excited about it"

This sounds exactly the sort of thing my dh would say

Yes this is totally normal. I guess because they don't carry the baby they just don't get as jazzed about pregnancy related stuff. Don't worry, your dh is just as excited as you are. He's just going to show it in a different way than you.

Thanks girls...

Guess what... last night my OH suggested we DID try Saturday instead of wait for another packet of pills!

I understand that it can take a good few months to get pregnant after the pill so I am up for it... but I am only about to start a new job and I don't want to take the mick.

Would one months difference really make all the difference though?

Thanks girls...

Guess what... last night my OH suggested we DID try Saturday instead of wait for another packet of pills!

I understand that it can take a good few months to get pregnant after the pill so I am up for it... but I am only about to start a new job and I don't want to take the mick.

Would one months difference really make all the difference though?

I don't think so a month isn't really that long. Plus a month can go by really fast.

Yes, totally normal. I don't think that my DF will start to get excited about trying for baby #2 as I am until our date gets closer and we reach all of the goals that we want to before TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->