Is it normal to be so swollen?

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
Down there?
Everything is swollen. I get a pressure feeling because of my SPD but have never really noticed before just how swollen all over I am down there...

Yh due to more blood flow down there:) its just another joy of pregnancy,x

Great!
I never feel clean down there either, makes it really awkward when oh wants to do stuff :/
I can't groom properly anymore cos I can't see lol I can't even pull my bump in so that I can see. He's just sort of THERE.

Are there any feminine hygiene products safe to use? Two showers a day doesn't seem to do anything accept dry my skin out

A mirror would help with the grooming down there. MW's actually say it is better to leave it alone because the hair stops infection.

But yes it is normal to be swollen.

I shower once a day, and after I pee, I tend to have a little bucket/cup nearby which I just fill up with water and just rinse myself down there with the water to feel a bit fresher again! It works well for me and limits the use of soap and an extra shower.

Cervical fluid is self cleaning it cleans out any infections etc, don't introduce anything else into the vagina to 'clean' it as you actually increase your risk of infection. For some reason women have the idea if theirs lots of cervical fluid it's unclean and messy but it's actually the bodies way of keeping itself clean hygienic and healthy. Even strong soaps can upset the natural pH balance.
A shower once a day should be fine, if you feel there is heaps of cervical fluid it probably means your body feels it needs to, let it.

i think its pretty normal. cause of the increased blood flow down there. Just like how our legs also get swollen. i guess..
i also am swollen down there and its kinda uncomfortable

iv just been washing with dove as its a moisturiser aswell, i do agree with feeling unclean though i after wear a pad as the discharge is ridiculous! && the pee leaks lmao oh the joyss!

Yep normal cause babys pinching a vein that makes the blood rush there and get swollen. I've been like that on an off. I would never not shave down there lol. I've been doing it for so long, I can do it without having to see. I was worried about still being able to, but I'm 38 weeks and can do it by just feel. I use baby powder down there after a shower to feel nice and fresh. You can also use baby wipes after the bathroom.

Honestly don't use anything.

Baby wipes will give you thrush, as will anything that removes the CM.

Honestly don't use anything.

Baby wipes will give you thrush, as will anything that removes the CM.

I agree with this....baby wipes and moist toilet tissue give me external thrush.....its so uncomfortable...I find that if i have a bubble bath then before i get out ill use the shower just to flush across my lady bits lol so that excess soap isnt left down there...i also find that scented sanitary towels do so also re thrush...xxx

Even if the wipes were fragrance free etc?

iv been using dove they also have a fragence free one:) && iv had no problems "touch wood" not one infection, and use it daily x

Nope I wouldnt even use them. You are messing with your bodies natural ph

Yes, always fragrance free. I have some that are natural with no fragrance etc. I've never had thrush

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->