Is it normal to feel less movement in the third trimester?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
I've noticed over the past few days, I haven't felt baby as much as I normally do. I still feel her, but she doesn't wriggle for as long as she used to, or as regularly.. Is this normal? Is it because she's running out of room? Or do you think I should go and get checked out? :shrug:

Tia! X

I left it 2 days before i got checked out for reduced movement at 28 weeks. They werent happy id left it so long, so id give a ring and ask for advise :) x

I have had a day before where he has been slower or I've not noticed as much but the next day he's always back to normal. It's usually when I've gone from being home all day to being on my feet at work all day.

If you are concerned I would call and get checked out. It's false that they run out of room so their movements stop. They do alter but you should still feel the same patterns.

X

I experienced reduced movements at around that time with my first , I was so worried so went and got checked out, everything was fine but I was told he was likely sleeping. If your worried I would give them a call x

I sometimes think that. Ever since my friend shared the "count the kicks" article. So I'm paying a lot more attention to movements and may be that's why I'm thinking he's moving less...

He is moving, at regular intervals, perhaps less aggressively than a week ago. I wonder if my uterus went through a growth spurt :shrug:

I'm going to keep an eye on it tonight and tomorrow (he usually goes wild around 9pm). If he doesn't - I'm calling maternity ward tomorrow.

Any change in movement needs to be checked out hunny. Don't ever feel that you're "wasting anyone's time" or doubt your instincts as a mummy.
I think you should definitely give your midwife a call and seek advice :thumbup:

I'm still feeling her occasionally, just a lot less over the past couple of days.. Will they still want to check me? X

I asked my mw about this as I thought as they get bigger less room to move etc, she said there should be no difference in the amount of movements but it might just feel different...

If your concerned I would phone? It's better to be safe :thumbup:

WIth me I have noticed she will get quite for a couple of days, in which I start to panic because there is no movement at all.. BUt then there will be a gentle ping, and I aam like "oh okay" and then the next few days are spent with her having a disco... then she gets quite for part of a day, then disco for a couple more days... And then quiet.. and it starts all over.. It is becoming a pattern for her, so I am starting to worry less when I do not feel much movement for a day or two..

I see we are due about the same time, if anything I have felt her a lot more and very strong kicks and jabs. There have been days where she is very active one day and not so much the other but always about the same in movement. I'd mention it and make sure cause it could be fluid levels.

Thanks ladies. :) I have a midwife appointment today, so I'm going to mention it then. Baby did have the hiccups last night, and gave a few good kicks before I went to bed, so I'm not too worried now! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->