Is it normal to feel like a crap mother?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
My baby is nearly 3 weeks old now...i feel as though i have just about got to know him...he is amazing bless him:)...but sometimes i can't help but feel that im a bad mother...especially when he cries and i dont know what to do...or at night when he is crying and will insist on staying awake i end up getting really annoyed and give him to my partner...sometimes i put it down to having no support whatsoever as my family dont want much to do with me and i stay in looking after him all day and also the night...so i guess i never get that break...when i look at it that way i feel proud of myself as i really do adore him and look after him but at the back of my mind this does bother me...does anyone else have days like that?

I still have days like this hun, days when Ant comes home from work and i burst into tears as i have had a bad day

It does get better and gets few and far between

Your baby is only 3 weeks old and you are still getting to know each other :hugs:

Honey, there are times even as your child gets older that you will feel this way. I most definitely do!

:hug:

Yep, I am feeling that way. I had a cry to my DH that I just feel like I don't have a F-ing clue as to what I am doing.

Yup absolutely. Totally agree with what Jo said.

Someone pass me the manual....

Aww hunni! You're not a bad mother and what you are feeling is natural - if anything it shows that you are a FANTASTIC mother because you care so much... Any new mother who tries to tell you she always knows what to do with her baby, or never get's frustrated or exhausted IS LYING.

You and your LO are still getting to know each other and you're going through the hardest part right now in my opinion (it gets so much easier after 6 weeks!). Pretty soon you'll be responding instantly to her little cries knowing what each one means, and it will all feel natural (but it's not a natural magical instinct - it's learnt! So don't feel bad as you are still only learning).

You are doing great hun: You are loving and caring toward your baby and you work hard to look after him - That is what matters - it means you are as good as it gets! :hugs:

Ithink it is only natural to feel that way... Hope u feel better soon :)

I have this way for two days now. Im so stressed out

:hug: no way are you a crap mother. We all have days like this, i think its only natural especially when they are your first.

Yeah, I still have days like these. Like Tash said it prooves you are a good mother cos you give a s**t :hugs:

Aww hun. I can honestly say you are not alone! I have days like this too as i'm sure alot of us do. Its always hard with a newborn without family support. And yes it is frustrating when bubs cries and you dont know why, you do feel useless and rubbish as a mum when this happens, i know i do. But i personally found it gets much easier as he grows up. Are you gettin enough support at home from your partner? Have you spoken to him? Maybe he could help out abit more to give u abit of a break. It is difficult, but dont be too hard on yourself. Your not a crap mum, you love your little boy and look after him-you are doin your best for him :) xx

Yesterday was my worst day. I felt like absolute rubbish. I cried for most of the day.

I have this too most of the time. Matt has done practically everything the past couple of days, because he's really missed Seth when he was at work. But because he's done so much when he gives Seth back to me and he cries I start as well because I just don't know where to start or what to do with him! Its really upsetting. And I felt awful last night as we went out for a meal and Seth went to his Grandmas. And I really enjoyed myself when I was out. I felt so bad :( I guess it happens to all of us *hugs*

xxx

:hugs: awww everyone of us has/does feel that way hun, your not alone and your by far a brill mother for even asking the question, i used to hand Rhiannon over at every opporunity when she was newborn as i didnt have a clue, and the first time i was left alone with her after coming out of hospital i nearly had a panick attack thinking "what do i do if she cries"..
does get better as they get older, but you bubs is brand new and your just getting to know each other xx

Thankyou ladies for all of your support you have made me feel tonnes better...you are all great...just sometimes you feel so alone thats all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->