Is it normal to have heavy bleeding during implantation, or is this super early perio

Lceaker

Reaction score
Hey, I have a son, and have been trying to conceive baby #2 for 2 years now. I started taking clomid last cycle, didn't end up trying due to the crazy hormone changes it caused me. I had a normal cycle, just my period was a few days shorter than normal. (4 days instead of 6)
This cycle I took the clomid, had a positive ovulation test on day 12... 4 days ago I started having night sweats... last night, on day 19, I started cramping and bleeding very heavy. I always have a normal 28 day cycle...so this is super early for me, and much heavier, to normally start my period.

My question is... does clomid cause you to start your period 10 days early... this feels like a period, only much heavier flow than normal... but could it be implantation bleeding??

If it weren't a Saturday I would call the doctor and ask (so please no answers with, call the doctor :) ), but since I have to wait until Monday, I thought I would see if anyone had anything similar.

I have never had early bleeding like that with cycles on or off clomid , I have heard of others having a heavy implantation bleed but its not very common. I would take a pregnancy test if its implantation it may be positive or it could take a few days for HCG to rise.

I am not sure about clomid but from my experience heavy bleeding is probably a period. I feel when your period comes early when you are trying to conceive it could be because an egg was fertilized but then something went wrong during implantation so your body just rejects it earlier. This is my own theory. I just noticed a pattern of me being sure I had sex during fertile times then, feeling pregnant but bleeding earlier then normal. Every time i bled earlier then normal I kept the hope that it was implantation bleeding but to be honest it was way too heavy.

But then again....you always find the stories online of women who claimed to get a period each month and still be pregnant!!! so who knows until you get tested.

Good luck to you

I can't speak to the clomid part, but I did have a similar situation with a heavy implantation bleed that was too early, but heavy enough to be confused with a period. As the weeks went by, and I confirmed I was pregnant, it became clearer that it was IB. I would add that there were things about it that seemed a bit different than my regular periods like the color and the pattern of the whole thing. Does this "feel" like your regular period or differently?

Thank you all for your replies!! This feels nothing like my normal period. The flow, color, way I feel...it's all different. It's almost like the blood is thin, just red, no dark or clots or anything. I know there's no way of knowing until it's time to test, it's just nice to hear common stories of other people's experience while suffering in the 2 week wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->