• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is it normal to lose bits of your mucous plug throughout pregnancy?

xsadiex

Reaction score
I've had some quite big bits before and just assumed it was normal. Just making sure!

If its clear jelly like bits, then I have had this too. I do believe its normal, as your plug regenerates itself.xx

i cant say for sure its normal as when i went into very premature labour with my first, i lost my plug a week before....unfortunately i didnt even know what it was so assumed it was nothing to worry about and didnt get checked out but then with my daughter i didnt lost my plug at all until i was in the transition stage. as you are only 33 weeks maybe you should get checked out

Been losing mine since 28 weeks, 36 now, with twins, so expected them to be here now but nope.

I did read somewhere that it regenerates itself? I've been losing bits for months, all seems ok so far though. Pregnancy is strange!

Been losing bits for weeks now, was the same when I was pregnant with Liam. As long as there is no blood etc in it should all be fine x

I hear it's ok to lose bits, but if you see a huge glob come out you may want to get it checked out. My SIL lost hers at 32+5, almost didn't go to the dr but had some mild cramps too so went in and ended up delivering her daughter by emergency c-section! It's made me super paranoid! But my dr said little bits here and there shouldn't concern you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"