Is it ok if she doesn't have a nap routine?

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Pretty much As the title says. My daughter is almost 19 weeks old and still doesn't have a napping schedule she just naps when she wants to. She has about 3 naps a day ranging from 30minutes to 1 hour.We have pretty much just been following her led since she was born with everything including sleep and eating. I was just wondering if this is ok to keep doing at 4 months old or if should be getting her into a routine. She sleeps through the night and eats great but im worried I'm doing it wrong? I dont mind how she is napping now I just want to make sure it ok? Any advice? Am I ok to be letting her led?

my lo is 14 weeks and still no routine, as u, sleep when rubs eyes eats as when crys ...30 min naps too... i think its fine, and normal lol

If it works for you both, it's fine!

TBH, most LO's fall roughly into their own routine sooner or later - it sounds like you're not far off already!

Hannah didn't really have a napping schedule at that age, I just watched for her tired signs and put her down when I felt she was ready. :) There was a fairly consistent pattern to it though (would nap about 2 hours after waking, short nap after lunch, nap around 4 and than bed around 7)

If she is happy with what she is doing, then id say thats fine. If she is getting the sleep she needs and she is eating well and putting on weight and growing and developing fine, id say your doing a great job :)
I prefer to have a routine-very basic really-im not following any baby books, just letting LO find her own routine and then more or less do the same each day, just so i know where we both stand!!

I hope so!! My boy is 5 months in a couple days and I still don't have a nap schedule. Some days he naps in the car, other days he naps for an hour and a half at home. But he's always happy and pleasant. (ok, not ALWAYS, lol, but in regards to napping I mean).

im not a routine person, i think they're way overrated!
my lo naps when she pleases during the day, and sleeps thru - she did that herself, no "sleep training" etc.
i think you're doing just fine!

Mine has something that looks like a routine but most days i go with the flow. Somedays he has an afternoon nap and somedays barely naps in the afternoon.

My LO has only just fallen into a very rough routine. She'll have an hour at about 8am, an hour and a half to two hours at around 12pm and then maybe about half an hour around four or five.

It's still very hit and miss and depends on what we have on during the day but these are the rough times she wants to nap on a normal day.

Obviously because we have no nap routine set in stone she won't go down for naps in her cot, she'll sleep in her bouncer.

I haven't got a routine for naps either. I just get her to go to sleep when she seems tired. She does seem to have a bit of a patten to it though ie. roughly the same amount of time at roughly the same time of day.

Our LO fell into his own routine at around 6 months old and likes to nap after his breakfast at around 9.30 and then again after his afternoon bottle at around 2.30pm.
We didn't worry too much before that and he just slept when he wanted to.

Ivy is almost 7 months and still doesn't have a nap routine! I don't want to live our lives around a strict schedule, but she seems to sleep at pretty much the same time every day anyway, she just isn't fussy about where she is at the time of sleeping!

I hope so! LO has just turned 5 months and sometimes he'll sleep loads in the day and other times he'll barely sleep at all. Yet come bedtime he puts himself to sleep quite happily, but if I were to put him down in the day he would just cry!

I remember my daughter having a very reliable routine but dont remember how we got there lol! I'm not one to follow the books so I am guessing he'll do it by himself eventually! I think it's connected with solids....once they are eating three times a day I think naps might fall into place.

my LO is 10.5 months and doesnt have a schedule. i put her down to nap whenever shes tied for as long/little as she wants. sometimes once a day sometimes 3 sometimes for half an hour sometimes for over 2! i see it as she sleeps as much as she needs and thats fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->