Is it possible my body doesnt know how to go into labour? lol

Kayleigh09

Reaction score
I was hoping that with all my niggling back ache and period cramps i would have been dilated yesterday when the midwife came to do my sweep at 7 days overdue but to mine and her suprise my cervix is completely closed :(

I'm due to be induced on thursday, i know its only 6 days left to do but i feel like its a lifetime away and i really wanted to go naturally and the same thing happened to my mum when she had me and even then she didnt dilate properly so had a section. i'm just panicking that my body doesnt know how to go into labour naturally and i'm going to need medical intervention.

Sorry, this is more of a vent than actually needing replies lol, just being silly and irrational really, hormones!!

:hugs: Have u spoke to your MW about if history can repeat its self ? I hope u can go naturally :hugs:

I rang the maternity ward and i was in tears saying i could cope waiting another week and i was terrified history was gonna repeat itself, she just talked me down and said that its in the best interest of my baby and my body to let me go until next week as induction now would more than likely fail as my cervix is totally closed. just gonna have to pray i go naturally or hope i've dilated a bit by next thursday x

Oh my god. I feel the same way. I had to be induced with my first.
Now I only have 10 days left i can feel the panic settting in. I have had no labour signs at all like everyone else.

It still took 3 days after being induced befoer my daughter arrived and ti was awful.
I think maybe my body doesnt know how either. I think i cook babies ok (good pregnancys) but it doesnt want to let them out.

My fingers are crossed for you Kayleigh.. If you make it then there be hope for me!

With my first son I my cervix was completely closed when I started my induction and it was horrible. I was able to have him naturally but just barely as his hr dropped dangerously low, and afterwards because of risk of infection he had to be on IV for the first 48 hours of his life- NOT worth it!

I had to be induced with second son and know how you feel.
I have been told I am fully closed again this time despite having lots of painful BH,symptons etc
Hoping I don't need the sweep next week.

Aww :hugs: right what you need to do is start operation cervix ripening/dialating so you feel like your doing something useful instead of getting in a state about the negative possibilities, just so happens I'm a pro regarding this as as I think i told you yday my mw said the same! you need to have sex sex sex as much of it as you can get! also you can take evening primrose oil both orally and internally to ripen the cervix and also try and do as many activities that give you bump tightenings as possible like uphill walking, hoovering whatever does it for you! its hard work when your this big i know but it might just give you the nudge you need! good luck hun hope something works xxx

Thankyou so much for your replies :) i would try sex but i'm so uncomfortable i dunno if i could do it. my pelvis feels really bruised from all the pressure and i can barely walk, i hate being this pregnant :-( I've been having loads of period type pains and back ache and i thought i would have dilated a little but hey ho, just gotta hope something happens before thursday or i'm at least dilated a bit on thursday!! lol

Sorry I can't offer any advice but didn't want to read and run, I hope things get moving for you soon, my fingers are crossed for you, take care :hugs: XX

Aww :hugs: right what you need to do is start operation cervix ripening/dialating so you feel like your doing something useful instead of getting in a state about the negative possibilities, just so happens I'm a pro regarding this as as I think i told you yday my mw said the same! you need to have sex sex sex as much of it as you can get! also you can take evening primrose oil both orally and internally to ripen the cervix and also try and do as many activities that give you bump tightenings as possible like uphill walking, hoovering whatever does it for you! its hard work when your this big i know but it might just give you the nudge you need! good luck hun hope something works xxx

Thanks for posting this practical advice. Good, honest, clear info. x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->