Is it possible to avoid the addiction?

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I've just bought some Grobaby dipes & prefolds to try out (thinking about getting some other nice covers (<--is this the beginning of the illness? :haha:) if we get on with the prefolds) and so far I'm quite impressed with my self control. :smug:

Is it a downward spiral from here, or is it possible to avoid the addiction to buying cloth? :flower:

:lol:

Nope its definately a downward spiral :haha:

I was soooo good and didnt buy nappies for months after buying our first load of them... But now its summer and they're all on show all the time I NEED more :D

cloth nappies are like drugs, one sniff and your hooked sadly!

I am addicted and was before we even got pregnant! thankfully I save money by making my own and also make money buy making them and selling them, so win win for me hehe

downward spiral...give in and embrace the addiction now.

Lol it's Baddddd addiction! Because there all so pretty lol

Noooooooooooooo!!! :rofl:

It think what's going to make me worse, if we do get on with the prefolds, is that the covers are pretty cheap....so I'll be able to get more covers for my money, which'll make me think 'bargain!' and buy far too many :rofl:

BTW, is it weird that I'm really looking forward to using prefolds? The only people that have commented on using them think it's weird that I'm more excited about them than AIOs (because they're obvo closest to sposies, I guess?).... :shrug:

Buttonnose, what kind of dipes do you make?

xx

P.S Do Babylegs count as part of a Cloth Diaper Addiction? They're on special atm and I want them ALL!! :rofl:

I currently do fitted, AIO's and wraps, working on my pocket pattern at the moment, so cover all bases lol

Naa not weird. :D I got super excited when I got my first Terries and loved doing all the folds... BUT pockets/AIOs are just quicker now and much more absorbant. Have you been practising on a teddy? :rofl:

I currently do fitted, AIO's and wraps, working on my pocket pattern at the moment, so cover all bases lol

Awesome! Where do you sell? Would love to see! :) I was going to have a go at making some (probably will still, just going to try some properly made ones out first! :rofl:).

Naa not weird. :D I got super excited when I got my first Terries and loved doing all the folds... BUT pockets/AIOs are just quicker now and much more absorbant. Have you been practising on a teddy? :rofl:

I just love the idea of folding it all up and snappi-ing it in place! Lol! No practice yet, I'm still waiting for them to arrive :( Should be here early next week, so no doubt I'll get to practising asap! :thumbup::D

I love my prefolds :flower:

But nope tis a downward spiral :haha:

Awesome! Where do you sell? Would love to see! :) I was going to have a go at making some (probably will still, just going to try some properly made ones out first! :rofl:).

I am setting up a online shop, keep your eyes peeled ..... it will be coming soon :blush:

I have heard rumours of people who have avoided the addiction but I think they all fall in the end! :haha: I swore I was in it because it was cheaper and I wouldn't get addicted - oops! :rolleyes:

I wanted to add some prefolds to our collection, but DH wanted nothing to do with them. He is too cute and tells me which he is interested in trying and which he won't. I think he is a cloth addict that get to live vicariously through me and look like he's the responsible one. :haha:

I live my cloth addiction through my articles.
I'm stash happy now and have been for a while but soon.....very soon i'll be getting a few tester nappies to road test so it' might throw a spanner in the works.

Watch this space my well tended addiction may well have a relapse! :rofl:

Have you been practising on a teddy? :rofl:

Haha I've had to do that! When I got my first couple to look at I had a go :blush:

I keep telling myself how much money I've saved rather that what I've spent. My cost per nappy is quite good at the moment... shame the baby isn't actually here yet!! :dohh:

My DH is quite excited about it though, a bit confused at the moment but eager to give it a go. Should be entertaining, at least! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->