Is it possible to feel baby engage?

chezababy

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
I just went to do a bm and as I pushed I got a really sharp pain at the top of my vagina. I've felt a similar pain before and always thought it was pressure from baby a she is very low but it's not normal so painful and is normal instantly over this time it lasted a few seconds and just gradually eased off. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and have an appointment with the midwife on Tuesday so I guess I'll find out if baby is engaged then.I'd really like to know if baby is engaged and if anyone has felt anything like that before.

My baby girl went from head down not engaged to fully engaged within 24 hours (meant to be a slower process than this) and it landed me in hospital with severe pain and contractions. So I certainly did feel her engage and it hurt and still hurts. I don't know if it was because she did it so fast or everyone gets pain? I also got instant overnight stretch marks :( keep us updated about your appointment. Id be interested to know if the pain you have felt is the engaging :)

Just got back from the midwifes and was told the baby is well engaged. I still don't know if the pain I felt was her engaging but I think that at the very least it was her moving further down. I'm so happy she is engaged now.

Yeah I get pains and pressure when head engages. Sometimes I feel as though I could touch baby's head if I tried lol

Yes I felt that baby had dropped a lot on Friday. Midwife confirmed he's fully engaged and I felt it because he's resting. On a nerve

I hear it feels like a big weight in the butt, but a relief in the stomach and lungs.

After they disengage the first time it become less obviously and you just get the very heavy feeling back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->