Is it possible to have 'periods' when pregnant?

Tashaa Jayde

Reaction score
Me & my husband had unprotected sex about 4weeks ago when he was back from Afghanistan for 2weeks and then a week later I came on my period so I thought all was fine?
Then this last week I had another period and ever since I've stopped bleeding I've been going to the toilet alot, hot cold flushes, feeling sick and just got a general heavy feeling down there constantly. I even have milk coming out of my breasts.
I have a 1 yo lg and earlier this year I had a miscarriage.
Is it possible that I could be pregnant?
I know they say you can't have periods when pregnant but why do I have milk coming out? When I found out I was pregnant when I miscarried that's the first sign I had, that's why I'm confused. I'm going to do a test tomorrow but until then it's going to be going around in my head.
Can someone please give me some heads up? I'm so confused. :wacko:

You can have something similar to a period when you would otherwise expect your period. It's called "breakthrough bleeding" and is caused by fluctuating hormones at the time you would normally get it. Though it isn't usually a full on period - often it's lighter or shorted than normal (but not always). You can also have implantation bleeding, but that is also generally lighter and more like spotting. So you can't really get a "period" but you can definitely have period-like bleeding - especially at 4 weeks. I had a week of it when I was pregnant with my daughter, but it was odd and not normal (my periods are usually heavy) which is why I tested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->