Is it possible to tighten up...

lily24

Reaction score
...After a c-section (and a 9lbs baby!)
Iv been told NO. Because your muscles have been damaged with the Op, they are never the smae again.
Jack is 6months now and im finding it hard to try and get my stomach nice and :(

Any ladies out there with advise about toneing :)

2yrs after my first baby mine were better but not as good as they were pre-preg. Cunches, sit-ups pretty much any abdominal exercise hun will be a great help! x

When can we start doing these? I have been told 3 months, but my wobbly fat tummy is driving me mad!! :hissy:

^ my belly is like a water bed.. it's so depressing :(

Iv been told NO. Because your muscles have been damaged with the Op, they are never the smae again.

^ that made my heart sink. I want to be back to normal so badly!!! :hissy:

I started mine 9 wks after, I havent had my post natal check up yet but I thought it was 6wks after? thats when I started after my first section on the ok from my Doc?

I could be wrong so ask your doc first!

mine is really bad too.... but i was advised to lose weight and burn fat before I concentrated on my abs... I dont think it will ever be EXACTLY the same, for me at least, but Im pretty sure itll will get loads better than it is :( mine is BAD!!

The abdominal muscles aren't damaged by the operation unless you had a total quack do your C-Section. As long as you're willing to work hard there's no reason you can't get those muscles back in shape. The wobbliness is tissue flacidity, two separate things. Losing weight and doing situps/crunches can help the appearance of flacidity somewhat but don't expect miracles. I wear control underwear and it has really helped me, too.

The abdominal muscles aren't damaged by the operation unless you had a total quack do your C-Section. As long as you're willing to work hard there's no reason you can't get those muscles back in shape. The wobbliness is tissue flacidity, two separate things. Losing weight and doing situps/crunches can help the appearance of flacidity somewhat but don't expect miracles. I wear control underwear and it has really helped me, too.

Its so depressing wearing big 'hold me in' knickers :( I reeeaallly HATE IT!!

Ill just keep at the gym and hopefully get there soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->