Is It Possible?

Maddiee

Mummy to Charliee-Anne
Reaction score
This is going to sound strange, but every now and then i swear i'm feeling two different sets of feet. is it possible for the doctors not to pick up on the second fetus? :S

Maddiee.
xoxo.

it does happen but i would guess by the 20 weeks scan it would be obvious - tbh i think you are very early to be feeling actual parts anyway x

I feel like that too but its not feet- some movements are, other movements are other parts of baby moving :D

yeah true. dunno, like i said, strange. i've never had this before.

and suzib76, what do you mean by "i think you are very early to be feeling actual parts anyway"?

sorry hun exactly what i say, 23 weeks is quite early to know the diff between foot/hand etc thats all

sorry hun exactly what i say, 23 weeks is quite early to know the diff between foot/hand etc thats all

Yeh that's true- i've only just this past week really been able to tell whats what- well sort of I get confused, but at that stage i couldnt feel anything with my hands as such just little pops but now i feel hard bumps stick out and slide accross my hand. I think I'm sure when i am feeling a foot or a butt :haha: i have a hunch on her position but i have my midwife appointment on thursday so she will be able to confirm it for me :D x

really? its a quick nudge so i just assume it was feet and then the softer ones were hands or whatever. sorry. still have a heap to learn obviously. :)

id say your getting hand/elbow and foot/knee movements in 2 seperate areas i get it too, sometimes where the babys hands are i get sharp jolts and i expect its elbows rather than little hands im feeling in those moments

It's possible, but normally if you have an u/s done and they don't pick up twins, it would be because the other twin is behind the one in the front, so you most likely wouldn't be feeling the second baby, or it would be very faint. The baby is most likely just moving around a lot and that's what you're feeling.

okay. thanks. i'm still getting used to the whole thing. thanks for the answers. :)

i wouldnt have thought that would be unlikely at this stage.

I still wonder what on earth she's kicking me with sometimes; I was nearly convinced that she had another foot attached to her bum because I'd feel kicks where her back was! I'm guessing she was elbowing me, but who knows? It's kind of weird, trying to guess what they're doing in there. :)

remember you have feet, hands, elbows,knees, bum, head and back all wriggling around all over the place so it can feel like a football team in there at times!

I still don't know what part of him is kicking/nudging/digging/pushing me. I just hazard a guess based on the position MW has told me he's in. His head is pretty low down now apparently and his bum is basically resting under my boobs, so when I get kicks at the top of my bump I presume his sticking his bum out and when I get those really intense squirmy feelings...er..."down there" lol, i'm guessing he's playing peek-a-boo! :mrgreen: xx

thanks. i have a U/S appointment next week. i'll get her to explain these pains :p
thanks for the help.

I would say there is no way they could miss a twin at 25 weeks - do you have a detailed 20 week scan in Aus? I had scans at 13, 16, 18 and 23 weeks and by 18 weeks they can see eyes and everything so to miss the whole baby by then would be very unlikely in my experience. HTH xxxx

I get this sometimes honey - I can actually lay there and see my bump move in one place, then move again (or at the same time) on the other side of my belly!! I always assume I'm being punched AND kicked!! lol!! xxxx

i feel lots of limbs all at once too, im convinced theres secretly two in there :haha:
stranger things have happened......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"