Is it safe for me to ride my bicycle yet?

ForestCheetah

Reaction score
I had a c-section about a month ago and got to meet my son :) Before being pregnant I was a huge fan of riding my bike! (Not so much when I was pregnant though!) and I can't wait to start riding again (especially when it's my boyfriends turn to watch our son this weekend :p)

The first week of recovery was so bad I couldn't barely walk and the second week wasn't really different. The 3rd week had days where I felt fine so I'd try something (like pushing a shopping cart) only to need to sit down in pain after about 10 minutes.

Now that I'm about a month through recovery I don't really feel pain anymore. I feel kind of a weird stretchy feeling but no pain. I tried jogging for 1 minute the other day and there wasn't any pain just that stretchy feeling still. Is it safe for me to ride my bike? I'd probably ride it slowly. Every now and then I get an ache or a throbbing feeling but it's rare.

I think it's really recommended that you wait at least 6- 8 weeks to exercise, but I think being on the bike, you should be fine. Just make sure you don't overexert yourself.

Only you know how you're feeling, but I'd say probably not the best idea just yet. I was supposed to wait until after 6 weeks to even drive a car or carry anything heavier than a gallon of milk.

The good thing about a bike is that it's usually low impact and you can adjust your speed according to how you feel. I know the recommendation is 2 months or so, but if you are listening to your body, it shouldn't be a problem. Just take it easy :)

I was cleared for mountain biking 6 weeks after my c-section. I was told I could ride my townie before that as long as I went slow, did not go up any hills and did not stand. Either way you should ask your doctor as it's based on your surgery and how you are healing.

I would think it should be fine? We don't get told that 6 week wait stuff here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->