Is it too early?

pinkjoelle

Reaction score
I have a birthday party in a restaurant sathurday and am thinking about bringing my baby, my girl is 6 weeks old, been out of the hospital for 3, shes around 6 pounds. I figured we would be there 3 hours, I could easily give her a bottle there and since it a private party we would be apart from other customers.. I would not let everybody pick her up, just would let her sleep in her shell...

Originaly I though this was a good idea but my mom put a doubt in my plans, she says its too early, too many germs and so forth... we already took public transport a few times for apointments...

I just dont know.... when is old enough??

How early was she? Niamh was born at 35 weeks and went to my brothers school play when she was 3/4 weeks old and was fine. As long as she's kept away from obviously ill people then I don't think there is any reason to keep them locked away unless you have been told to by the hospital.

Depends on if she has had problems? My little girl was 11 weeks early but she's been to soft play areas, parks, parties etc from a few weeks leaving hospital. She's perfectly healthy though and as long as nobody touches her or gets too close she'll be fine. They dong tell u when u leave the hospital that u've to stay in the house and keep her hidden, just minimise contact.

Anya was born at 23+6, and was in hospital for 20 weeks, she has chronic lung disease. We have 3 other kids so was hard keeping her away from germs and coughs and colds. But we did get out and about with her as much as possible, and I believe it's done wonders for her immune system. We've been home since March this year and she's never been ill, despite my other kids having all sorts of coughs, sneezes, colds and tummy bugs. xx

We went out pretty much right away, in fact NICU encouraged it before leaving the hospital, so we used to go round in the pram. nOh yes the minging old ladies wanted to gawp at our tiny baby :rofl:

Do what you feel comfortably with at the end of the day. Alex never suffered any colds for about the first year of her life, She was born at 27 weeks and got out at September so did well considering the winter months!

AMelia was a 27 weeker and she went to her first party the day she came out of hospital. It was oh's baby sisters birthday. 3 days later she attended her first wedding. I dont believein wrapping them in cotton wool and wanted amelias immune system to build up a bit before the winter enslaught

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->