Is it too soon?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
I'm after you're opinions...
I'm only 20 and for the past week been feeling rather down coz all I hear is my frieds going out and having fun being young. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter with all my heart and I know how blessed I am to have such a gorgeous, healthy girl.
Is it too soon (Savannah is a month old, would be almost 5wks when/if I do) for me to go out? I'm bf'ing, but she takes expressed milk out of a bottle pretty well. My OH said he will look after her, but i'm just worried about what my parents and other people would think. It has only been a month and i'm already wanting time out, I feel like i'm being selfish.

Your not being selfish AT ALL you deserve time out i say go and have fun

Its not too soon at all...as long as if you feel up to it...life doesn't stop after having a baby hunny xx

You have to think about yourself as well. If you get depressed because you are stuck at home all the time with your LO then that will negatively affect your LO. Go have a night out of fun and let your hair lose. It will do you the world of good and you'll feel much better for it.

Funny thing is I felt like you and then when I did go out, I couldn't wait to get home :)

Thanks :) I'm really excited now. I just can't wait to get all dressed up and feel sexy again, and get hit on (even tho i'm very happy with my OH, it still feels good :))

Thanks :) I'm really excited now. I just can't wait to get all dressed up and feel sexy again, and get hit on (even tho i'm very happy with my OH, it still feels good :))

I can't really do the dress up thing as none of my nice clothes fit me :-(

I went to a mountain bike race last weekend without my OH and I must admit, it was really nice to have guys hit on me, its been a while! And like you I'm happy with my OH, it just make me feel good about myself).

i went out at 6 weeks for my OH's best friend's birthday. My mum looked after Bella and i've gotta tell you it felt amazing. To be able to be 'Aimy' again instead of 'Aimy, the mummy' felt great. Even down to having a drink, everything. The best part was getting all dressed up. GO FOR IT!! It will refresh you so much (except for the hangover afterwards...that wasn't fun!)

Go!! and have fun, lol!! I had my first son, who is now 4 when I was 20 also, so I know how you feel. You deserve a night out hun!!

I am looking forward to my first night out with out any kids tomorrow night, and I must say I am veeery nervous, even though Jayce is 3 months now, and I know he will be in good hands, I just feel guilty for some reason. I havent gone even 2 hours without kids since last halloween!!

So go out, have fun, get hit on and come back and remind us all what it feels like hehehehe!!

Go for it and have fun!! And enjoy the attention! :D you wont get the chance all the time, so grab it when its there!

Go and have fun! :D

I have my friends birthday party in 3 weeks and I'm going to it,rather excited! :happydance:

Get yourself out hun.I am going out for the first time in 2 weeks..... Go enjoy ya self.... you have done tonnes of hard work making baby for the last 9 months.

Have a few drinks for me too xx

Thanks everyone, I fe4el so much better now. I even asked mum if her and dad would think poorly of me for going out (We live with them) and she said that i'm allowed to have a life still too. I was so worried about what she would think so am very relieved. It's gonna be good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->