is it true u bleed for up to a month after giving birth?

After the thick maternity pads you should move onto thin maternity pads. You should never use normal period pads PP as they contain stay-dry chemicals which "could" cause an infection.

I didn't bleed for that long but I did breastfeed and I think your uterus contracts back down more quickly that way. I didn't bleed heavily past a week or so, it was more just spotting. But if I tried to do anything like a lot of walking that would bring it on again... Probably a sign that you're supposed to sit in your bum after you have a baby!

I had a c section and bled for about 2 weeks but it was very light after the first week. Everyone varies!

Yes, this was true for me. Make sure to take home all the free hospital underwear you can, so you're not destroying your own.

If you breast feed you can look forward to a few more period-less months. After my bleeding stopped I went another 6 whole months without getting my period back :happydance:

probably 7 to 10 days, I don't remember exactly but it wasn't longer than that

If I'm correct, I think I was a few days of heavy, then a week or so of light. So about 2 weeks.

We don't have maternity pads in the US; just regular period pads. I used the overnights with wings. For the 1st couple days, I doubled up but then the bleeding really tapered off like a regular period and then changed to spotting. The hsp will give you those mesh panties to use and I'd suggest bringing some home as they keep the pad up close to you bc they are tighter than regular underwear.

I can't remember how long I bled but I dtd with dh just before my six week check, so before then! Maybe four weeks? I pumped for a month so that might have helped, think pumping/breastfeeding brings your uterus down quicker.
Yeah, huge heavy clots for a bit, then it gets lighter and lighter as time goes on. Def need maternity pads, even if they are horrid!
I've had pretty horrific heavy periods in the past so it didn't shock me too much!

It varies from person to person, anything from 2-8 weeks. I bled for almost 9 weeks with my first but for only 4 with my third x

It´s true. I bled for six weeks after my first, then two weeks later I got my first AF!!! Aagh, horrid. It was heavy at first and I needed maternity pads for about a week, then normal pads after that. I exclusively breastfed too.

All of mine (four vaginal and one section) have been 48 hours of heavy and less than two weeks total bleeding.

I use normal sanitary towels as I like a particular brand that feels softer, hate maternity towels.

I'm 6 days post birth and although I bled heavily for the first day or two, I'm now just having bleeding like an average to light period. It definitely isn't bothering me, there is plenty to distract you with a newborn!

I bled heavy for a week or so and then I beleve it was pretty normal for another couple weeks or so after that-yes you'll want to wear the huge pads while your bleeding is heavy at least, even though it's gross, it really is the least of your worries with a new baby!

I bled for 7 weeks, with a break from week 4-5.

I used the big thick maternity pads for 4 days then I tried regular pads but I was still far to sore and I needed the cushioning so I used them for about 14 days in total then switch to normal night time pads x

first bleed for 2 weeks, it was no heavier then a normal period. 2nd was near on 4 weeks again no heavier then a normal period.
it will vary from person to person and from pregnancy to pregnancy.

With both of mine, I only had heavy bleeding for a day or two and then light for maybe 10 days. It really wasn't bad at all. For me, it was different than a period too. Resting and bfing help.

I cant remember how long but was a few weeks :( - also if you end up having stitches its a good idea to get maternity pads because the stitches can catch on the normal pads

Yea I had stitches with my 1st and was the most embarrassing thing ever having the nurse check them every so often and applying witch hazel lol I had to wear big pads and man peeing and baths were not fun oh the joys eh lol xxx

If you EBF it will cut down on bleeding time. Also, the sooner you start feeding the babe and pumping to stimulate in the hospital the faster you stop bleeding. with my first I bled for like 3.5 weeks but I was BF and formula. with my next two I EBF starting immediately after baby came out and pumped for stimulation in the hospital and I only bled for 15 days and 13 days.... much much better in my opinion :) the clots are the scariest I think... ewww. they can be as big as a baseball!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->