Is LO too young for door bouncer - UPDATE

Angela49uk

Reaction score
My LO is 11 weeks old and has extremely good head control for weeks now. He is also trying to bear a lot of weight on his legs constantly at the moment and wants to be standing up all the time.

Is it to early to try him in his door bouncer? Obviously I dont plan on leaving him in there for long periods of time x

UPDATE: Well I put him in bouncer and he held himself really well. He looked very confused and not entirely sure what to do. I didnt leave him in very long, but will certainly be putting him in again tomorrow. Thanks for all your advice as usual xx

I believe on our door bouncer it said from 3 months, but tbh as long as you're supervising him and he's holding his head high and not flopping about in it I can't see it'd be a problem for short spells :)

Probably, i would give it another couple of weeks. Olly has always had great head control but when i put him in his bouncer at 3 months all he did was dangle so we left it another week or so and he was fine.

I would wait a few more weeks, our LO has had excellent head control for ages, although doesnt really bear much of her own weight yet (lazy girl!) but even though her head control is excellent, she has only just stopped leaning slightly forward in her ouncer. She used to tilt forward a bit, now she stands straight... bu doesnt have a clue what to do. It seems to make her slabber an awful lot! haha.

You could try it? And you will know yourself how long you need to wait. Also, he is still quite young, so may be a bit small size wise, like could slide out the holes or something?

My door bouncer says from about 4 months or when baby has good head control. My LO is very strong, but just questioning it as he isnt quite 3 months yet.

I will of course be supervising him and i suppose if its a problem, all i need to do is take him out. Just wasnt sure if there were any other reasons for not using them earlier ie bad for their development or something

Oh, I also hadnt thought about him size wise, the seat may very well be too big. I have decided I will try and sit him in it in soon, but if he is slumping or if the seat is too big I will leave it a while and try again. I guess there is no harm in trying x

Oh, I also hadnt thought about him size wise, the seat may very well be too big. I have decided I will try and sit him in it in soon, but if he is slumping or if the seat is too big I will leave it a while and try again. I guess there is no harm in trying x

very true. I doubt it would affect development though.
I did the same wih a bumbo, bought it when baby was almost 3months, tried it and she wasnt ready, so left it a few weeks and thedifference ws unbelievable

I had my 5th child in his door bouncer from 8 weeks, once he had got good head control. He loved it.

my little one as been in one since 11 weeks, he loves it :)

Just thought i'd show you...Kay is the same age here as your little one.... you might find no bouncing lol kay wold just spin himself round...gave my arms a good 10mintute rest xxx

Attachments

• 247022_498361871653_725656653_7189325_6639292_n.jpg
    247022_498361871653_725656653_7189325_6639292_n.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 6
My LO was in door bouncer from about 11wks too and he loved it.
Do what you fills right x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"