Is losing mucus plug the same thing as having bloody show? When should I go to L&D?

FloridaMom87

Reaction score
Yesterday morning I had a doctors appointment, he checked my cervix and said I was one centimeter dilated. As soon as I got home, I lost a part of my mucus plug. (yellow color). Last night at around 7 pm I started getting my first REAL contractions! They were painful, but not easy to time. They started on my back,and kinda went towards my stomach as well. They felt similar to a Charlie horse, and period cramps. Then they stopped, and I went to bed. Now it's like 4:00 am, and I woke up to a painful contraction that lasted longer. I got up to go to the bathroom, and peed, then when I wiped, there was a huge chunk of mucus plug in the toilet paper, but this time it was brown with a tiny tinge of red. Now I'm laying back in bed, and I'm feeling this back pain coming off and on at random times.

What should I be doing right now? Should I start trying to time my pains? Should I wait until the pains get more painful before attempting to time them? Did I just have my "bloody show" or was this a mucus plug? Is there a difference between a bloody show and a mucus plug?

The weird part is, I have to go to the hospital in a few hours because I have a non stress test and BPP Appointment . I'm 40 weeks and 6 days pregnant, and the doctor wants me to have these tests done today, (since I don't want to be induced). I'm worried that they will keep me at the hospital because I'm having contractions, and try to induce me anyway.

You don't need to go into hospital until you are having regular contractions about 5 mins apart. The bloody show is just a mucus plug with blood in it. You may not even get a proper bloody one. You can lose it and not into proper labour for a few days.

I would just mention it to your doctor when you go in later.

good luck, I hope this is the start of things!

You don't need to go into hospital until you are having regular contractions about 5 mins apart. The bloody show is just a mucus plug with blood in it. You may not even get a proper bloody one. You can lose it and not into proper labour for a few days.

I would just mention it to your doctor when you go in later.

good luck, I hope this is the start of things!

Thank you! I hope it's the start of things too. I'm already like 6 days past due, and the doctor is talking induction! I would LOVE to go into labor naturally, and give birth naturally. I hope I can do it!

Mucous plug will be coming away because it has been dislodged from your examination yday. I would mention your pains when you go to the hospital for your test. Good luck :)

Im just hitting my due date today and fed up. Had my bloody show yesterday morning before my drs appointment. But according to the lady im still at one cm. Bleh. Unless your water breaks or your contractions get really strong and close I dont think theyll do much but since youre over due they may want to induce. Hopefully youll get good news and lo will be on your way!

Stand your ground if you don't want induced. If doc is doing non stress tests there is no need to induce at only 6 days over if both baby and you are well .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->