is low blood pressure a problem?? for labour?

Catherine896

Reaction score
Just wondering really, I cant remember what my bp was with my sons pregnancy. This pregnancy Ive had 2 written down in my maternity notes.

The first at about 10-11 weeks was 102/66 and at my 16 week appointment it was 96/56. The first time my midwife mentioned that I probably feel dizzy if I stand up quickly etc - which I do. She didnt say anything the 2nd time.

Can this cause a problem atall? Im wondering if when Im in labour it may be a problem? Im sure when I had my son they were worried as my blood pressure dropped - I cant remember I was quite out of it :wacko: I very nearly had to have a c-section.

I know my midwife will mention something beforehand if its a problem, just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it atall?

Thanks xx

it shouldnt as your BP is likely to go higher in labor its more the babys heartrate they want to keep an eye on, i dont think they ever checked my BP while i was in labor with ds2 lol

i have no idea but i also want to know b/c mine was always low too ,..like..66/96 or 70/102.........is that normal ...i always craved eggs and salty snacks...im 17 weeks....
bump.......

I think it's low I hope it goes high again ... I was 100/66 during my labor and all went well. But again this might be ok for me but low for someone else.
I hope your goes high enough to handle your labor.

Mine is constantly low.
Today was 95/50 which was lower than my last appointment, 106/57, which confuses me as have been in work today so thought it would be higher.

She has assured me that it's normal and better to be low than high.
Fingers crossed lol.

Mine is constantly low.
Today was 95/50 which was lower than my last appointment, 106/57, which confuses me as have been in work today so thought it would be higher.

She has assured me that it's normal and better to be low than high.
Fingers crossed lol.

Hi,

My BP is also low, was 90/55 on my last test but know one has mentioned that it is too low for labour. This is my first child but when I asked if my BP was deemed low she said that low BP is to be expected in pregnancy and that she would consider mine on the low side of normal.

My sister also had a baby 5 months ago and her BP was ALOT lower than mine, I think it was around 80/50, and she was totally fine in labour.

Like others have said though, everyone is different and what may affect one may not affect another.

Hope this helps,

xxxx

mine is also low... usually in the 90/50's but nobody has ever menioned to me that it would be bad from a pregnancy point of view :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->