Is Magnesium Oxide safe to take while TTC?

CmonBFP

Reaction score
I'm 4DPO and feeling really constipated. So this morning without thinking I took 500mg of Magnesium oxide. I was able to go to the bathroom about an hour later. But now I'm stressing out. Is it safe to take Mag oxide while ttc? Will it hurt potential implantation over the next few days?
Any advice would be great....

AFAIK, It's a supplement anyway, does no harm as such, and just beneficial. Seems to be a pretty high dose, so give it some gap before you take the next tablet. Also, I would recommend the Magnesium in "ate" like citrate form than the 'ide' in oxide form for better absorption.

Good Luck for the implantation :thumbup:

hi Yipppee thanks for your reply. I tried the mag citrate and another kind before and they didn't seem to have the same laxative type effect as the oxide, which is why I took it, and am regretting that decision now. Grrrr. I've been googling TTC and magnesium and it seems that studies point to mag deficiency as correlating with miscarriages so I'm going to get some of the other kind of magnesium and take that instead of mag oxide.

Do you take any other medicines/supplements along with Mg ?

Just the usual suspects - prenatal, vit D3, coq10. I sometimes take inositol and EPO but not really regularly. Oh and Clomid for the first time this cycle.
Do you take supplements?

My OB-GYN doctor told me to take Magnesium every day to prevent headaches, along with B2. I also take 2x daily prenatal vitamins. So I presume it is safe :)

Stacie - that's interesting and good to know! What kind of magnesium are you taking?
How many mg?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->