Is mango ok to give to my lo?

Hannah had it from 7-8 months on. I don't think that there's any guidelines against giving it? :shrug:

thanks hun, it just made me wonder as its an exotic fruit and i know some people are allergic to it xx

well looking at the wholesome baby food website it says 8-10 months so I would probably wait a bit

Freya has had mango a few times now, and has been fine. But if the guidelines say to wait maybe you would feel better doing that :)

Everywhere I have read its suggested as starting from 9-12 months, I think because its not such an easy taste like pear etc, rather than it doing any harm.

However I bought some which was from 4 months when I was in France which was mixed with other fruits. So if you mixed it with banana it would taste better at the start?

I had held off giving it on its own with Izzy, and now she is 9 months she is going to try it cos I love it!

Aisling's been guzzling mango for a few weeks now and we haven't seen any ill effects

I would just do little bits -- I LOVE mango but my lips break out if I eat too much of it at once. :blush: Just watch for those irritation/allergy signs.

I'd leave it until maybe 6 months if I were you. I gave it, or rather attempted to give it, at 6 months, she loved the taste actually but as we're BLW she found it too slippery to hold.

luisa had it in chuncks as a treat at about 7 months she loves it :)

I'd leave it until maybe 6 months if I were you. I gave it, or rather attempted to give it, at 6 months, she loved the taste actually but as we're BLW she found it too slippery to hold.

It was one of the 1st things DD tried and she got so frustrated because it kept slipping so I got this net thing from Asda that you can put food in and they can suck it through that!

Stevie had it the other day and couldn't get it into her mouth as it was too slippery, so I ended up eating it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->