Is morning sickness hereditary?

LoveCakes

Reaction score
So my mum and mum-in-law both mostly escaped ms. My book says 80% of women get it so I was wondering if I might get off easy lol. If not at least it will be reassurance something is happening!

I don't think it is, but I have heard if your mum didn't get it your less likely to.
my friend didn't get any morning sickness and nether did her mum

No.
Just depends on your body and the way you're body deals with the extra hormones.
My mum didnt have overly bad MS with 5 pregnancies, sister was very sick with my nephew but wasnt sick at all with my niece.
I have been dreadfully sick with all of my pregnancies.

My mom barely had it, but I had it pretty bad. However, a friend of mine and her mom both had hyperemesis with each pregnancy, so I think it kind of is hereditary.

I honestly don't know but my mom didn't have it, my sister had minor MS and I have only had gassy stomach.

No it's not. My mom had zero sickness with both of her pregnancies and I was horribly sick, nauseous 24/7 until week 17 or 18. But hopefully you'll still not have it too bad.

Mom had all pregnancy sickness, the whole nine months were full of throwing up! Me? Had a few (5?) bouts of mild nausea and that is all. To each their own, but I am not complaining! :)

I'm guessing it wouldn't be because each pregnancy is different. My mom had no symptoms with her mc, with my brother only extreme fatigue, and with me 9 month nausea. I had pretty bad ms for a few weeks but has eased up so I only feel sick after I eat.

My mum suffered badly with MS. Me and my sisters only get nauseous.

My mum had zero MS (5 pregnancies), my sister had zero MS (2 pregnancies). I was absolutely fine during my first and just one bout so far this time

My mum and nan both had all day sickness I got a little bit icky for a week or so around 5/6 weeks then nothing since thank god! I'm a wimp when it comes to being sick lol x

My mum had all day sickness with me and my brother but I have never has ms with any of my pregnancies x

Thanks for all the replies, I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

In my family I'd say it is. Me and my mum had really similar pregnancies. Neither of us has MS, we both got pg after 8 months trying first time around, and straight away second time. Luckily also neither of us have suffered miscarriages (fingers crossed).

We both went off tea/coffee in pregnancy as well!!

I had it [not terrible all things considered, no vomiting, but I def. had it and it wasn't fun]. My mom never had it AT ALL with either pregnancy and my grandmother had it SO bad she was practically bedridden!

My Mom never had MS, and I'm having it terribly :(

No it's depends on you totally !! My mum was never sick Iam suffering now and had hypermsis with my dd x

My mom didn't get MS, and neither did I for DD and this pregnancy.

I am not sure if my mum had ms with me but I had it terrible with my daughter but none with my son. I think it depends on how your body copes with the hormones.

They say it is a little hereditary...but in my experience my mom was sooooo sick all day every day from 5 weeks and I only have thrown up once a morning starting at 10 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->