Is my baby transverse??

mellylou88

Mummy To A Baby Boy
Reaction score
I'm 33 weeks on Thursday and reading in my books and apps that baby should be head down, but he is still sticking to my right side poking out (wonky bump style)

I feel like he is laying across - is it normal for some babies to take a few more weeks before getting head down?

My next MW appt is next week so will ask her to advise where he is laying because I've not been told yet.

Any advice would be lovely :)

It should say how he is lying in your green notes x

If you go through your notes there is a double green page, it should say there, you will see a description like ceph or breech. Your midwife won't really worry until about 35-36 weeks if baby is not head down though :)

Just had a look and she hasn't marked anything for it from my 31 week appt, so hopefully at my 34 week appt next week she will but I will ask as well, should I of been made aware before 34 weeks?

They don't start worrying about baby positioning until about 36 weeks. I have bits sticking out my side but midwife said it's bum and knees and her head is down x

My little one has her bum out all the time, but her head is down when she's like that. She does like to switch to transverse alot though. Which I am able to notice easily because my bump totally gets flat on top and wider on the bottom. My doc has explained that until 35-36 weeks or so she has lots of time/space to move around.

They don't start worrying about baby positioning until about 36 weeks. I have bits sticking out my side but midwife said it's bum and knees and her head is down x

That's how we are! I wouldn't worry, my MW told me they aren't usually overly concerned until about 36 weeks.:hugs:

That's alright then. you ladies have put my mind at rest :) Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->