is my blood pressure high at

MummyMummy

Reaction score
130/80?

just had at home appointment with m/w about homebirths she took bp an commented that it 'was a bit high' then looked at notes and said no more about it.

just wondering if it was high or not?

prev have said...

110/74
122/68
120/70

wee was clear too.

with prev son my blood pressure randomly went up towards end, but wasn't anything found kwim? maybe it's just my body?

xXx

Not particularly, they worry when the bottom gets to 90+ or they go up by 20 from booking HTH

It is a wee bit higher than your normal, but not so much that it would be a worry. Dont concern yourself too much xxx

thankyou! :D wasn't too worried, but of course non of us pregnanties want to see a raise in our bp do we?

xXx

It goes by whats high for you, if its normally around 80 they wont be too bothered x

I don't think so. I have mine checked weekly as its around mid 80's upwards depending, which is normal for me as it has always been on the high side even before I was pregnant.

I was told they look for a consistent bottom figure increase from your booking in reading (can't remember if it 10 or 20 higher) - thats when they start to look at it or if it suddenly shoots up. Yours look fine to me :)

faaabulous! thankyou both :D

the worry we go through with our little ones eh?

xXx

Mine was higher last time! I'm usually around 105/60 but last time was 140/80 or something. Midwife was shocked I think...and jsut told me if I have any swelling, headaches or blurred vision to call up!

Have had none, so i'm not to worried...and who knows might have jsut been having a stressful day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->