is my blood pressure high at

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by MummyMummy, Apr 16, 2009.

1. MummyMummy

MummyMummy Well-Known Member

130/80?

just had at home appointment with m/w about homebirths she took bp an commented that it 'was a bit high' then looked at notes and said no more about it.

just wondering if it was high or not?

prev have said...

110/74
    122/68
    120/70

wee was clear too.

with prev son my blood pressure randomly went up towards end, but wasn't anything found kwim? maybe it's just my body?

xXx

2. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc

Not particularly, they worry when the bottom gets to 90+ or they go up by 20 from booking HTH

3. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

It is a wee bit higher than your normal, but not so much that it would be a worry. Dont concern yourself too much xxx

4. MummyMummy

thankyou! :D wasn't too worried, but of course non of us pregnanties want to see a raise in our bp do we?

xXx

5. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

It goes by whats high for you, if its normally around 80 they wont be too bothered x

6. Charlie5

Charlie5 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I have mine checked weekly as its around mid 80's upwards depending, which is normal for me as it has always been on the high side even before I was pregnant.

I was told they look for a consistent bottom figure increase from your booking in reading (can't remember if it 10 or 20 higher) - thats when they start to look at it or if it suddenly shoots up. Yours look fine to me :)

7. MummyMummy

faaabulous! thankyou both :D

the worry we go through with our little ones eh?

xXx

8. Lucy_lu_84

Lucy_lu_84 Pregnant with #2

Mine was higher last time! I'm usually around 105/60 but last time was 140/80 or something. Midwife was shocked I think...and jsut told me if I have any swelling, headaches or blurred vision to call up!

Have had none, so i'm not to worried...and who knows might have jsut been having a stressful day!