Is my supply dropping? :(

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
Scarlett is now 12 weeks, and over the last week my breasts have stopped ever feeling full. I have always had over-supply and engorgement, and Scarlett would feed in 5/10 mins as I had so much milk. Now it takes her 30/40 mins to feed, and sometimes even longer. I never had to offer her the second breast as she was always full after the first, but yesterday I switched breasts 3 times and still she didn't seem full. I haven't supplemented or done anything differently, what's going on? I'm worried she's not getting enough :(

There's a growth spurt at 12 weeks which sounds like what your little one is going through!

I don't think your supply is going down, she's just requiring more because she is having a growth spurt....let her stay on booby as much as she wants and your body will make sure you produce enough milk (her sucking will increase yhe supply)

Your supply has nothing to do with your breasts feeling full. The engorgement is supposed to subside after your supply is regulated.

Sounds like a mix of growth spurt and your supply regulating. Both Are definitely normal! Just keep feeding as much as lo wants :)

I agree with everyone!:) sometimes ill hand express the other breast while im nursing him, and i cam shoot the milk out, makes me feel better knowing i still have tones of milk. If your nursing just pop her off and see if you can express, if you can, shes getting enough:)

Thanks for your replies, in the last day or so she's started feeding at her usual speed again so I feel better that she's not struggling to get enough :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->