Is One Enough?

MzKBailey

Reaction score
I am currently on my second round of Femara. My first round I had two good ovary follicles, but this time, I only had one. They said it was great because its 19.4
My question is, has anyone in this group gotten pregnant off of one? Is one enough?

Well, you only typically release one egg from one follicle per month, so yes, it should be fine :) Having more is just a bonus

Hey hun! Congrats on your follicle! That is awesome!

YES! Just having one follicle is totally fine with Femara. Femara usually only produces one incredibly healthy egg, two is obviously double the awesome, but one follicle is what doctors are aiming for with Femara. I know you hear all about ladies getting 2-4 eggs with Clomid, but that's because that's what doctors are aiming for with Clomid. Clomid eggs are weaker, they carry an increased risk of implantation failure, an increased risk of miscarriage, an increased risk of multiples, a much longer list of side effects, and they're all around kind of crappy compared to Femara eggs. That's why they need so many of them.

Having done both Clomid and Femara, I'd 100% choose Femara if I were in that position again. I had a chemical pregnancy with the single round of Femara I did (one egg that cycle), yet I had no pregnancy at all with the four rounds of Clomid I did, and each of those had at least two eggs! Clomid thinned out my lining, screwed my hormones up worse than they already were, and made me really, really sick.

Good luck this cycle! I hope that little eggy you got there is "the one". <3

Thank you all for your well wishes! I have another week before I take a pregnancy test. I have been trying not to think about it and keeping my mind on everything else. How soon do any of you that have had successful rounds of Femara get preggo? One round? Two? Three? How soon did you begin to feel symptoms BEFORE testing? I've had back pain, cramps, etc but I'm thinking its psychological. Yikes!

Thank you all for your well wishes! I have another week before I take a pregnancy test. I have been trying not to think about it and keeping my mind on everything else. How soon do any of you that have had successful rounds of Femara get preggo? One round? Two? Three? How soon did you begin to feel symptoms BEFORE testing? I've had back pain, cramps, etc but I'm thinking its psychological. Yikes!

I got pregnant on my second round of Femara but it ended up being ectopic (nothing to do with Femara, I'm sure. Just got lucky lol) Since then I have been on two more rounds and haven't gotten pregnant again yet, but hoping soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->