Is she allowed to do this? (Ebay related)

Shabutie

Mum to Amara & #2 on way
Reaction score
Evening all,

So I havent been on Ebay long, I only buy things, never sell.

I brought a skirt from a women on there and it arrived but it's longer then expected so I asked if i was able to return it.

She messaged me back today, after a second message from me, telling me she doesnt accept returns.

Now the listing does state she accepts returns and she never wrote in the section where you write more details about the item, that she doesnt accept them.

So can she actually do this?

I understand I have 7 days from the day it arrived to request to return it, but my 7 days are running out and she is being unhelpful. Any advise please? as Ive never been in a situation like this before.

:flower:

I would take a screen shot of the listing and email Ebay direct.

Thank you, I have taken screen shots, but wasnt sure what to do after that :)

:flow:

Open up a dispute and tell her you'll leave negative feedback....she'll soon start msg'in you after that :)

yeah id message her again quoting her listing, then say if she isnt willing to accept them after stating that she does, then you'll message ebay instead.

check the listing that its definately not as described, and if she has described it wrongly then you shouldnt have a problem x

Don't mention negative feedback in your mesage, you will get done for feedback extortion.

Message her and say you wish to return.

If she says no, then open a dispute.

V xxx

It all depends really. Did she mention the length of the skirt in the listing? If she did, and it is the wrong length, then you can file a Not As Described and get a return regardless if she stated she accepted returns or not. If she didn't list the length, you may not be able to win a Not As Described case since the length wasn't listed.

By the way, if you ever file a dispute, Ebay will ALWAYS see what the listing looked like at the time of purchase, so seller's can't pull any fast ones - even if they change it shortly after you pay/before you open a dispute.

I agree that you shouldn't warn her you will leave negative feedback, as Ebay considers that extortion and in the end could get YOU in trouble.

Good luck :flower:

What ever you do, do not mention feedback!

I maybe wrong and I'm on the phone so can't check but it's only business sellers that re obliged to offer refunds, afterall, as a private seller why would it give me that option when listing if not??? (only when listed as no returns) Also, did she state under what circumstances a refund would be given, for example, Damaged?

A NAD if the shirt length wasn't quoted wouldnt hold much weight however eBay is a buyers (and fraudesters and im in no way implying the OP is one!) friend so you may be be lucky. Personally, i'd not go the NAD route if she hadn't and leave feedback to reflect her refusing a refund although offering it in listing and sell the skirt. Good luck whatever you choose to do xxx

Ive never heard of feedback extortion :shock:

You will have to return it, tracked, at your own cost..so for a skirt depending on material you are prob looking at £2.80ish to post 1st class recorded. Is it worth it?
Personally I think if you were bothered about the length of a skirt then you should have asked before bidding what the length was.
As it is now theres a lot of people saying that its the sellers fault, if you had been the seller and you came here saying that a buyer was wanting a refund for a skirt they hadnt asked the length of then those people would be saying it was the buyers fault for not asking the length.

Unless it was a) mis-described as a different length than what it really is, and b) quite expensive, I'd be inclined to leave it tbh. As previously mentioned postage costs can make returning items prohibitive esp if it wasn't an expensive item to start with. I've bought loads of items on ebay which have not quite fit right, or I just don't like as much as I thought once they arrive... I just tend to list them back up on ebay and hope to recoup some of what I've spent :lol:

Yea it's a bit annoying but this is just one of the quirks of buying from ebay :flower:

Ive never heard of feedback extortion :shock:

That's cos your a good girl :rofl:

Buyers are not allowed to threaten sellers with negative Feedback, neutral Feedback or low Detailed Seller Ratings in order to obtain goods or services not included in the original listing.

Sellers may not require buyers to leave specific Feedback or Detailed Seller Ratings. Sellers also may not demand that buyers withdraw existing Feedback or Detailed Seller Ratings. These prohibitions apply to all Feedback activity, whether prior to, during, or after delivery of goods or services described in the original listing.

Breaches of this policy can result in a range of actions, including account suspension.

V xxx

V - Im getting the feeling that you regularly extort people via feedback :rofl:

As someone else said, take a screen shot of the listing and open a dispute. Try messaging her first to say your going to do this, if she still refuses... Then you know what to do :flower:

You will have to return it, tracked, at your own cost..so for a skirt depending on material you are prob looking at £2.80ish to post 1st class recorded. Is it worth it?
Personally I think if you were bothered about the length of a skirt then you should have asked before bidding what the length was.
As it is now theres a lot of people saying that its the sellers fault, if you had been the seller and you came here saying that a buyer was wanting a refund for a skirt they hadnt asked the length of then those people would be saying it was the buyers fault for not asking the length.

I have to agree with this.

Unless she specified the length and it's wrong i wouldn't bother. Buying on ebay is always risky,especially if you don't ask for all the specifics.

And if i understood correctly,it's only the length that's the problem? The item is not damaged in any way or labelled differently then what was stated in the listing?

I'd personally just sell it on myself and remember to ask about length next time, but thats just my opinion :)
I don't think its worth the hassle to open a dispute etc over something that cost less than a tenner tbh, it takes ages and its a load of stress whereas you could just sell it again and write it off as a bad experience
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->