Is she just not ready??

Scottish Sam

Mummy to Rebecca Rose
Reaction score
For the last couple of weeks I have tried to give Rebecca a taste of baby rice and baby cereal, not to fill her up but just to get her used to something other than milk as wanted to start weaning after she was 5 months old.

Well she doesnt seem interested and just spits it back out. I have tried different times of the day and even let her kinda hold the spoon with some help from me! but it makes no difference. Tried her with some pureed carrots tonight just incase she didnt like the rice but she still spits it out.

Just a bit confussed as lots of babies younger than her seem to love their food
Should i just leave it or keep trying?

Does she spit it out or is she just not sure how to swallow it yet? Remember it's not a natural thing to her so she needs to learn how to move it from the front of her mouth to the back. She may appear to spit it out but she might just be learning how to move it about. ;)

She makes faces as thought it tastes nasty then moves it about a wee bit then spits it out- actually she blows rasberries with it:rofl:

like merv's mum said it could be that she doesn't no what to do as such, maybe you could give it a few days and try again honey, she's like food eventually :)

Oh my goodness!!

Well Hebe doesnt blow raspberries (well not at food time fortunately!) but she did pull funny faces to start with. I've found she's not keen on food thats too cold - I have to try to keep it warm while I feed her.

Thats a good point about warming the food. She gets her bottles at room temp but wondering if she might like her baby rice a bit warmer? dont imagine it tastes very nice cold!!

Think I might let her see me eating some of it :sick: and hopefully she will get the idea

You know I stand and eat my porridge in front of Hebe before I give her breakfast to her - I thought it was just me thinking it might help her to mimic what I'm doing...:shy:

But yeah, she may well like the food but just prefer it warm. I discovered it by accident - Hebe started making little 'yak' sounds as time went by but when I kept the same food warm through feeding her she didnt - worth a try!

You wont believe this!! I just finished telling DH that I was going to stop eating toast for breakfast and eat porridge in front of her so she could hopefully mimic me!!:rofl:

Great minds and all that!!

If she thinks the baby rice tastes a bit funny, you could try adding a bit of fruit or veggie to it. I mix rice cereal with lots of things Jasmine eats.

I agree with making sure its warm too!

21.16! You were probably on your second round of toast!! And let's compare weights too for good measure - 8lb11oz....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->