is smooth peanut ok

XxPrInCeSsNaI

Reaction score
hey this might be a silly question but is smooth peanut butter ok for a 17 month old ??:wacko:

I would say so...Harvey has peanut butter...there isn't a family history of nut allergy is there?xx

no theres not i wanted to try a different sandwich filling and wasnt 2 sure when peanut butter was ok thank u

My LO been having normal chunky peanut butter from about 9 months. There is no peanut allergy in the family though, but it was the only way they'd eat toast!

oh really how olds your LO olivia is a bit slow with teeth and she has got meny back ones so bit unsure about chunky peanut butter

My little one is 18 months and has been eating smooth peanut butter for a good few months now. I love peanut butter myself, craved it in pregnancy also. I like the crunchy one but now we share the smooth. Yep just give her some and just keep an eye out incease there is a reaction anyway. Aleesha loves peanut butter! she also dips breadsticks in it.

Also have you tried houmous, that goes down quite well with a breadstick.

no thats a good idear cos my LO loves bread sticks and dipping thinks hehe

Harvey loves peanut butter. I stick with the smooth as I'm still paranoid he'd choke on the crunchy stuff.

poppy's been eating peanut butter since we started weaning. loves it!

yeh thats wot im worried bout so probz try her with smooth 1 first see how she takes 2 it

My LO ot her first 2 teeth at 7.5 months, next 2 at nearly 9 months and number 5 at 10 months. She only just got number 6. She now has 4 top front and 2 bottom front. She has eaten normal solid foods from day dot. She has chunky peanut butter - it requires minimal chewing (no more than the bread). If you prefer smooth, it's fine though. And 17 months definitely not too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->