Is spotting/bleeding normal (warning tmi!!)

Beejing

Reaction score
So I went to the loo this morning and I saw blood, I am completely panicked. I have no pain and am exactly 5 weeks today. What kind of bleeding is normal? Should I go to the hospital?

Below is a picture that I took so please be aware!!

Attachments

• IMG_2849.jpg
    IMG_2849.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 27
Hi, I'm currently 7 weeks (today) pregnant with my 3rd baby and around 5 weeks I started with spotting that lasted 9 days, ranging from red to brown then red but I had no cramps. I had a scan at 6+4 and we seen a little blob with a heartbeat. The spotting had stopped a day before my scan. The dr had a look and said I've got a sensitive cervix which may of caused the bleeding.

I know they say bleeding/spotting is common and usually nothing to worry about unless it gets heavy along with cramps. I've also had 2 miscarrages in the past before having my two girls and with both I started spotting which turned into a full blown period along with cramps the day after. x

Thanks for the reply! I'm so afraid that it will turn into a full blown period soon. I went back to the bathroom but only mucous was present. I'm so scared but not sure if I should go to the hospital or not.

I'd mention it to the midwife when you see them but it's not necessarily anything to worry about, I had similar spotting on/off during my first trimester in last pregnancy and they never found a reason for it on early scan and had a healthy baby baby X

I had some pink spotting at exactly 5 weeks - lasted 2 days. Hope it eases soon for you - I know how worrying it is x

I had brown cm yesterday and totally freaked out so understand your worry. If you're worried I would try to get an emergency appointment, more for your peace of mind than anything Hun. It's my plan if it happens again. Bleeding is quite common in first tri though so fingers crossed for you x

Thank you all again for your encouragement, it seems like the bleeding has stopped completely, I'm hoping it stays that way. This is my first baby so since I've found out I've been a nervous wreck lol.

I'm currently in the same boat. Scan at 5+3 showed gestational sac and Dr found yolk sac (it was hard for me to see). Started spotting at 6+1. Heavier red the next day but no clots. Went for scan at 4:00 (on 6+2) and gestational sac had grown and very clear yolk sac visible and measuring right on track. Dr. was not concerned in the slightest about no heartbeat yet. Bleeding is pretty much gone...never even came close to filling a PANTY LINER. Anything that made it to the pad was brown but when I wiped it looked like your picture. Still haven't passed any tissue. I have another scan on Thursday at 7+3. I was feeling more hopeful until I took a cbd with weeks yesterday at 6+5 and it had gone down to 1-2 from 2-3. Went back into panic mode. Today I've calmed down a bit as I know what will happen will happen. Im just holding on to straws till Thursday.

P.S DONT TAKE ANY TESTS! I wish to God I hadn't used that test yesterday. I refuse to do anymore!

My tests started showing the hook effect around where you are, Classic Girl, I presume the hcg levels could affect digital tests as well as line tests. Good luck for your scan! They do say that after a certain point, scans are a more reliable indicator of a healthy pregnancy than HCG levels, so try not to worry too much xxxxxx

My tests started showing the hook effect around where you are, Classic Girl, I presume the hcg levels could affect digital tests as well as line tests. Good luck for your scan! They do say that after a certain point, scans are a more reliable indicator of a healthy pregnancy than HCG levels, so try not to worry too much xxxxxx

Thank you for this. I've googled and googled and need to stop googling. I had a m/c in February and while I didn't have completely horrid cramping and didn't gush blood I DID bleed a lot and it didn't come and go and it was MUCH thicker and bright. Being a whole week further along at this "fast growth" time and after seeing sac growth and development 24 hours after it started I would think I would KNOW if I m/c'd. Still....it's hard to stay hopeful after seeing the 1-2 even though I've heard of the hook effect. I'm not that lucky, I'm afraid. :nope:

ETA: can't find much on hook effect with these cbd with weeks but considering they test the same way (with strips inside...just fancy battery that changes it to number) I'm pretty sure it could happen with them. I didn't use FMU either as my FMU has always given me lighter lines during the 2WW (if BFP) thank SMU or afternoon urine. Box says it needs FMU. I refuse to take another till Thursday. If things are good at the scan, I'll take it then warn others. If not, I guess we can trust them.

Sorry OP. Didn't mean to thread jack. But unless the bleeding gets much heavier and more constant, it's very common to have some spotting/bleeding. Even if it does get heavier, things may still be just fine. I KNOW the fear every time you have to go to the bathroom though.

I'm currently in the same boat. Scan at 5+3 showed gestational sac and Dr found yolk sac (it was hard for me to see). Started spotting at 6+1. Heavier red the next day but no clots. Went for scan at 4:00 (on 6+2) and gestational sac had grown and very clear yolk sac visible and measuring right on track. Dr. was not concerned in the slightest about no heartbeat yet. Bleeding is pretty much gone...never even came close to filling a PANTY LINER. Anything that made it to the pad was brown but when I wiped it looked like your picture. Still haven't passed any tissue. I have another scan on Thursday at 7+3. I was feeling more hopeful until I took a cbd with weeks yesterday at 6+5 and it had gone down to 1-2 from 2-3. Went back into panic mode. Today I've calmed down a bit as I know what will happen will happen. Im just holding on to straws till Thursday.

Thanks for your reply! lol it's too late, I've already took another digi test again yesterday lol, it did come back 3+ weeks which kind of sorta gave me a peace of mind. I really wish I could go in for an earl scan but I cannot have a scan until 7 weeks on Oct. 11th :cry:. I'be stopped worrying since I haven't seen anymore blood but I still want to see my doctor ASAP. I just need some sort of peace of mind that she/he is still hanging on!

Well at least yours shows 3+! That's encouraging! I would STILL call Dr! Always! If you got 3+ and haven't seen more blood, I think you're fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->