is the gym worth the money?

FsMummy

single mum to 4 cuties
Reaction score
my sis wants me to join her gym and i really want to. i think it would be fun and it'd get me out of the house a few times a week. its £36 a month for everything including the sauna etc as long as i go regularly do you think it will be worth it or am i better off just doing exercise at home. i want to use the rowing machine lol

I think it would be worth it as long as you use it! I pay about the same for mine and try to go a few times a week (I'm slipping at the mo tho lol), I feel so much better when I have gone and it also gets me out of the house! It's a bit harder now they have closed the creche tho :( x

oooh i'll have to find out if they have a creche, thatd be a bonus!

I'm not sure, i did join a gym and then never ended up going because i couldn't be bothered. So instead i ended up picking up a treadmill and an excercise bike off my local freecycle and did that instead! I use it all the time now because it's at home and i don't have to leave the house!

Plus.. It's free! :D

I have gym equipment at home but have ended up joining the gym as I think it's good to get out of the house a few times a week as I never seem to relax at home and really go for it, when I get to the gym I make a big effort.
If you are going with someone it's good motivation too.

my sister said when she used to go it was full of skinny ppl so it put her off, when i said i was thinking of going she was like "oh good, i don't mind going if you're there too" because i'm fat lol bloody cheek

You need to use it, and target what you want to do. A lot of people just go for an hour, use the machines they think they need to or like then lose interest in a month when they don't see results or get bored of their routine.

If you have goals, and want to achieve them and have a basic idea of what you want to do then it's fantastic.

I would also highly recommend getting a personal training session, especially when you first go to the gym and maybe once a month thereafter so you have someone to check in with who can keep altering a plan for you and keep you motivated.

mines only 20.10 a mth !! and its grt ! got sauna and jacuzzi , urs is expensive ........ eden gym , scarborough av a look its grt
its defo worth the money IF u can get there enough and make it ur moneys worth i personally wish i cud get there more often xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->