Is there a way...

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
to find out if you're ovulating? And if you are ovulating would you get AF? Not sure if this is the right place to post, but wasnt sure where is.

Sorry for being thick :dohh: dont really understand all this...

Basically Im STILL waiting for 1st AF since Seth was born, been to the Drs and I have a hormone imbalance, and waiting on a referral to the hospital for a scan on my ovaries which was supposed to take a fortnight, but suprise suprise nothing has arrived yet grr.

We aren't trying yet but maybe soon, just want to find out whats going on and not sure what the best way is?

xxx

Yeah if you're ovulating the egg has to be released if no baby is made which means you'll get AF.. You could concieve the first time you OV though x

So if Im not getting AF then I wont be ovulating? Is there a way to find out?

When we do (occasionally) do stuff we use protection because I know the time that we don't will be the day that I ovulate lol and we'll have another suprise baby :)

xxx

Try using OPKs. I found the Clearblue digital OPKs really good and simple to use. Basically, it comes up with an empty circle if you are not ovulating and a happy face when you are about to ovulate (something to do with the Lutenising Hormone surge just before ovulation).

It is pricey though - you can buy cheaper opks on the internet but they can be harder to read.

Good luck with your tests and TTC.

xxx

Do you have to do them everyday?

xxx

xxx

If you don't know how your cycle is going, then yes, you would have to do them everyday - so in that case, I would suggest the cheaper opks, just to see where you stand. When you know roughly in the month you ovulate, then I would use the Clearblue ones as you only get about 7 in a pack and they are quite pricey - about twenty pounds or so!

For example, my cycle is normally about 29 days long and I normally ovulate around day 14 of my cycle. So I would start using my opks from around day 12 and that meant that I normally only had to use about three to find out when I was about to ovulate. You get a positive roughly between a couple of hours and 24 hours before you actually ovulate (due to the LH surge).

Some research has said that for the best chance of conceiving a baby, try BDing a couple of days before you ovulate as that gives the sperm the best chance to swim up and meet the emerging egg.

Good luck!

xxx

You might get more help about OPK's in ttc hun.

Not necessarily as there are people WTTC who have used opks before.

Yes i know but more people in ttc will have used them than in wtt as most of us are trying for out first.

No probs - I was just meaning that there may be people who are wttc a second or third baby who are not ready to go into ttc but have had success with opks before and may be able to give some useful advice to those considering charting/using opks etc etc. For example, some recent posts have specifically asked women who have had babies before to respond to various issues.

i think theres quite a few wtt 2nd/3rd/4th..... in here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->