Is there anyone else that cringes at the thought of breastfeeding?

I have thought more and more about breastfeeding and think im going to go to a breastfeeding group just to have a better understanding of it. Id love to try it but I won't if I really feel uncomfortable about it xx
That's a great idea.

I would just say have an open mind, if you are dead set on it and for whatever reason it doesn't work out you might be crushed. Obviously from threads around here you can see that it happens. I didn't even have a pump or bottles or formula in the house because I was sure it would work. Well I was in for a shock when I had to buy all of the shit after 2 months! and I was real hard on myself.

I'm sorry u were disappointed, but you know 2 months of breastfeeding is really great, midwives have even said to me that even if I just do the first feed and no more that's good. I won't pressure myself, I'll just keep an open mind and do whatever feels right fr me at the time :) thanks for all ur advice ladies and it's good to know I'm not the only one who struggles with the thought of breastfeeding!

I feel 100% the same!! I love my bubs an if she was premmie an life depended on it I would of course of bf, but I like u find the whole bf situation for me not the one!! Baby sucking on my nipple, Erh no, I don't think not that I tried of had any urge to try, for me it's not natural, like u I have no issue with others or do I think it looks odd others doing it, but for me it felt not right!!! Nice to no I'm not only one. X

I am stalking this section a bit because I am currently pregnant with number two and afraid my milk will dry up so looking into formula a bit. I can honestly say I def felt this way. BFing grossed me out and I wouldn't even watch my friend do it. I just told myself it wasn't an option though. I mean say you were living 150 years ago it probably would t have been. BFing at first was difficult for me because my so. Was jaundice and wouldn't wake up for anything. However, something it really never was, was awkward. That being said to me, BFing takes a lot of determination and if I wasn't determined I would have quit 10 times by now. I'm not sure if it would really be worth it if I wasn't set on BFing. It hurt at first and i got very frustrated a few tomes but i stuck it out a d am so proud and glad i did. i live it now. However I have heard a lot of stories of people who have said they just thought they would see how it goes and they made it til like 2 years. You may be surprised at yourself. I think if you decide to it is wonderful he ause colostrum is so good for the baby, but you should really educate yourself because it is a whole other world in the beginning the. Ffing.

I too found it to be very alien, I remember before I had my LO I was thinking how is this natural. But I said to myself I will give myself 2 weeks before making a decision if I was going to go through with it or not.
Even now if I think about it to much I find it a little odd :haha:

I would just say have an open mind, if you are dead set on it and for whatever reason it doesn't work out you might be crushed. Obviously from threads around here you can see that it happens. I didn't even have a pump or bottles or formula in the house because I was sure it would work. Well I was in for a shock when I had to buy all of the shit after 2 months! and I was real hard on myself.

We had bottles and a pump on standby and it was still devastating, I can't imagine having to go out and buy those things when I was in "that place". That must have been really tough.

i really dont get this im sorry i just dont. i breast and bottle fed until my DD was 3 months at which point i gave up so i could have a break every now and again overnight etc and for many other reasons such as her having reflux, thrush of the tongue due to breastfeeding that wouldnt go away etc but now i really miss it! anyway to the people that think breastfeeding is strange do you feel that a baby coming out of your vagina is strange as well? because i wouldve thought the vagina is much more of a sexual place than the breasts and i was more concerned about that strecthing out than my boobs being sucked by my daughter to be honest...goiing a little bit off topic but hey, just a thought.

i really dont get this im sorry i just dont. i breast and bottle fed until my DD was 3 months at which point i gave up so i could have a break every now and again overnight etc and for many other reasons such as her having reflux, thrush of the tongue due to breastfeeding that wouldnt go away etc but now i really miss it! anyway to the people that think breastfeeding is strange do you feel that a baby coming out of your vagina is strange as well? because i wouldve thought the vagina is much more of a sexual place than the breasts and i was more concerned about that strecthing out than my boobs being sucked by my daughter to be honest...goiing a little bit off topic but hey, just a thought.

Yes, the vagina is sexual, but you don't really have much of a choice when it comes to that being used (exception of ELCS obviously). But when it comes to breastfeeding, the choice is yours.
I don't have a problem with breastfeeding, I love it, but I actually do find it weird that my son came from my vagina. Just thinking about it makes me feel icky. But I loved his birth, and I couldn't exactly burp him out.

Yes, the vagina is sexual, but you don't really have much of a choice when it comes to that being used (exception of ELCS obviously). But when it comes to breastfeeding, the choice is yours.
I don't have a problem with breastfeeding, I love it, but I actually do find it weird that my son came from my vagina. Just thinking about it makes me feel icky. But I loved his birth, and I couldn't exactly burp him out.

same! i feel more grossed out about the birth than breastfeeding (breastfeeding was just second nature to me)

No I feel fine about giving birth from my vagina! Lol! I suppose it's sort of like it! But my husband doesn't come out my vagina during sex so it's not like he's rein acting something where as breast feeding is like something we do in the bedroom, I'm definately not anti or even grossed out by anyone else doing it please don't think that, your feeding your baby after all it's lovely, it's just for me to do it is wgat I didn't fancy! X

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who is feeling weird about it. :) I'm still going to try it when I give birth and hope it is successful but that doesn't change the weirdness I feel about it!

because i wouldve thought the vagina is much more of a sexual place than the breasts

I could be wrong, but I never read any sexual reasoning into the OPs post? In fact, I'm not sure anyone has mentioned the sexual aspect of it.

because i wouldve thought the vagina is much more of a sexual place than the breasts

I could be wrong, but I never read any sexual reasoning into the OPs post? In fact, I'm not sure anyone has mentioned the sexual aspect of it.

Yeah your right, I never once mentioned anything about it being sexual! I was saying it grosses me out, the thought of my baby on my nipple makes me cringe. Nothing to do with my breasts being sexual!

Is it something to do with nipples being so sensitive maybe? Not in a sexual way, I mean they are sensitive to hot, cold etc. I think that might have something to do with some of the negative feelings I have had about it. Mine can be so painful in the cold putting a baby on them does seem a little strange, almost like it would feel weird IYKWIM? Hope that makes sense!

I had a slight interest with DS 1 but felt soooo uncomfortable doing it. With DS 2 I decided I'd try again, however it made me feel awkward. Now with this baby I've thought about it...mostly from the pressure from others but it simply isn't for me. Both my sons have amazing immune systems, are rarely sick, healthy weight, no allergies etc. Sooooo....obviously formula feeding worked well for them. Im going to skip thinking about what others may think and go straight to FF. Plus to be honest I've shared my body for 9 months and want my body back before we try for our last!!! What it comes down to is its a personal decision and its what works for you....as long as baby is eating and healthy that's all that matters:).

I enjoyed breastfeeding my son (for the time I was able to anyway). My daughter I started slipping in depression because I felt like I was neglecting my son. It never made me cringe. It is a beautiful, natural approach to feeding.

Is it something to do with nipples being so sensitive maybe? Not in a sexual way, I mean they are sensitive to hot, cold etc. I think that might have something to do with some of the negative feelings I have had about it. Mine can be so painful in the cold putting a baby on them does seem a little strange, almost like it would feel weird IYKWIM? Hope that makes sense!

Yeah makes sense! Yeah I guess it is a little to do with them being sensitive, I don't like my husband touching them even lol. Feels odd!
It just really doesn't feel natural to me :/ couldn't tell u why lol

I'll admit, it did feel pretty weird, especially at first. Being a preemie, Abby wasn't even able to suck so she just bit me for ten minutes whilst at the same time I poured milk down a tube through her nose. I guess with the bizarre approach to feeding, the weirdness of the actual breastfeeding did pale in comparison!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->