is there something wrong with me?

megrenade

Reaction score
I'm 5'8" (or 173cm) tall and weigh 142lbs (or 64.5kg); I can feel my uterus, which is pretty large.. but I feel left out because all of you have bumps and I have nothing :\ I'm not the type to eat whatever I want and not gain weight, I usually have to watch what I eat.. but I've been pigging out like crazy and have only gained 2-3 lbs (or 1-2kg's).

(I know, normal to lose weight in the 1st trimester but I never got morning sickness and ate just as much as I do now.)

I feel bad, because all of my friends are like, "OMG you're tiny." or, "you're lucky you didn't get morning sickness." - in a pissy way, I can tell.. thinking back, I was actually a little chubby in high school. I just feel like, they think I'm not eating enough and that I'm starving the baby, because they all started showing really quickly.. and I eat all day, every day.

I'd love to see other people's bumps with their first baby at 14-18 weeks :thumbup:

(attached photo is about 14 1/2 weeks)

THANK YOU LADIES :flower:

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111102_1.jpg
    Snapshot_20111102_1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4
I look exactly like that too and I'm almost 16 weeks! I'm VERY impatient to have a REAL bump!!

You are fine!! I don't have pics but I looked the exact same as you a few weeks ago - no bump. I just had bloat. This is my first too. There are a lot of threads on here if you search about this with pics. Don't worry. It usually doesn't pop until 20 weeks from what I can gather for the first :hugs:

Perfectly normal. My belly looked pretty similar at 14 weeks, and at 14 weeks I had not gained an ounce. I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and the bump is still small. You should put on weight gradually from now on and your bump will be more obvious by 20 weeks because your uterus gets up to your belly button by then.

You only need to eat a little extra, I think it is 300 calories extra a day during the second half of the pregnancy. You definitely aren't starving the baby.

Perfectly normal. My belly looked pretty similar at 14 weeks, and at 14 weeks I had not gained an ounce. I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and the bump is still small. You should put on weight gradually from now on and your bump will be more obvious by 20 weeks because your uterus gets up to your belly button by then.

You only need to eat a little extra, I think it is 300 calories extra a day during the second half of the pregnancy. You definitely aren't starving the baby.

My uterus is already at my belly button.. and in the morning when I wake up and am still laying in bed, it is 1-2" above my belly button!

And I know, I just needed some reassurance I guess.. that I'm not a bad mommy, and that it's normal.

im a bit bigger then you but didnt sho until this last week or so, be paitient, it will come!
x

Don't worry hun.. I had hyperemesis and lost 25lbs in the first tri and baby is fine.

You've got a lovely little bump :) cute and compact! :)

hi . i wouldnt worry to much abt it .im 16 weeks and not very big , if i wasnt constipated id have nothing lol and this is my 4th sucsessfull pregnancy . with my first i was abt 6 months b4 i even got a bump :flower:

I was like that till about 29-30 weeks :haha:. It's only now that I have a 'proper' bump and it's still very small compared to most - i'm not complaining though LOL :haha: x

I'm 17 weeks today and have this teeny tiny bump. Compared to the two ladies in my office that are also between 15 and 17 weeks, I look a little bloated.

I weighed 54.6kg at my first appointment at 6 weeks and managed to only pick up 400 grams between then and 13 weeks. And I'm carrying twins :)

Luckily they seem to be growing and developing well, and at the correct milestones, so I'm not going to worry too much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->