is this a + opk? Answer brand

bananajoe

Reaction score
I bought the Answer Ovulation Test One Step 7 pack and tried it about an hour ago (3pm) and took bunch of photos of the results (so it's the same result just multiple pictures)

My cycle is generally 25 days long and i'm only CD 12. I'd have posted my fertility chart etc but since i'm a new member it won't let me...

Ive been having 'pain' in my lower right abdomen for the past two days, but i didn't think to get the tests yesterday to see if it was positive then too. (or negative?)

But anyway, taking a look at this photo, do you guys think i've got a positive OPK? And judging by my chart and that my BF and i have BD'd the past two days (and tonight if he gets out of work on time heh) do you think we have a good chance of getting a BFP in two weeks?? This is our second month TTC but first month using any tests or websites really.

Attachments

• 7142011_sm2.jpg
    7142011_sm2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 38
It looks positive to me hun!! Good Luck!!!! :dust:

okay so bf and i did "get bizzay" last night LOL.

I took another opk this morning and it had the two lines but the test one was fainter and not solid like yesterday's was, so i didn't even bother taking pics and figure it's def. a negative. So this means yesterday *was* definitely my surge, and having BD'd the past 3 nights, we should have a good chance?

my bf works night shifts on occasion and of course the next two nights are those occasions so our schedules don't give us time to DTD again this window. but do you think the 3 days were enough? ive read sperm can live up to 5 days inside a woman so here's hoping!!

Also, since today I got a negative OPK, would I consider today DPO1? It's my CD 13, and like I said in my first post, i'm normally a 25 day cycle girl (never thought i'd be happy about that until TTC!!) which leaves 12 days until expected AF. Is that a normal amount of time? Guess my TWW is more of an 11/12 day wait, heh.

Is there anything else I can do now to help (or not hinder) the possibility of conception/implantation? I already have been taking Folic Acid but as far as activities or other foods/medicines? I've already got the 'first signs of pregnancy' webpages bookmarked. LOL

enough rambling, thanks for the responses and ill keep everyone updated!!!

hm, can't seem to figure out hwo to edit a message once i've posted it. but i just looked at my fertility chart again and realized i'm a dope and can't count LOL. Yesterday was actually CD 11 when I got my +OPK, so today's CD12, or DPO1? My fertilityfriend chart is a little strange cause i put in that I had a -OPK today but it still says today is a possible ovulation day (as is tomorrow). Now i'm getting worried that since I won't be able to DTD today or tomorrow we will have missed it this month.

Half tempted to surprise my BF later while he's meant to be sleeping. Sure he wouldn't complain hehe

That opk was def positive and if you got bizzay yesterday but can't today or tomorrow, you probably have a good chance! I was thinking the same thing when would my dpo start, i think ill give it a day or 2 from yesterdays positive to start 1dpo, they say after a positive opk that O can be up to 36 hrs away ? correct me if im wrong...but good luck!!! cant wait to see how it turns out for you!

That opk was def positive and if you got bizzay yesterday but can't today or tomorrow, you probably have a good chance! I was thinking the same thing when would my dpo start, i think ill give it a day or 2 from yesterdays positive to start 1dpo, they say after a positive opk that O can be up to 36 hrs away ? correct me if im wrong...but good luck!!! cant wait to see how it turns out for you!

Thanks for the responses!!

And today's OPK was def. negetive (may go fish it out of the bin to take a pic for records sake). And by yesterday, it was more like midnight, so 9 hours after I took the test. I'm really hoping that I would have had a + the day before as well (had the ovulation pains) but didn't think to try ovulation kit until yesterday. If that's the case, i'd definitely be in the 12-36 hour window. Though isn't the normal luteal phase something like 14-16 days? If i start counting tomorrow as DPO1 then as CD 13, i'll have only 12 days between expected AF. Hrmmm.

But I guess it's up to my BF now, and how hearty his lil swimmers are! Wish there was a way to test that that didn't require a doctors visit. There's so many OTC tests for women when it comes to this subject, but men? This would be his first child, but he's got 5 brothers (and i've got 6 half siblings) so here's hoping fertility does run in the family!

I believe there are sperm test just like O test :D

I believe there are sperm test just like O test :D

really? I will keep that in mind! Though since this is only our second month trying, i'm going to remain positive!

and out of curiosity, is there a fertility test for women too that's OTC? I mean, besides the obvious OPK ones (cause I know they can predict the LH surge but that doesn't mean you've actually ovulated) or is the only way for a women to know if she's actually ovulating and fertile is if she visits a doc?

:dohh: staying positive, that's right! LOL :happydance:

Good to know! Though I can't imagine how much they must cost! But again, staying super positive. Just did a third OPK and it was definitely negative!

not that much actually i think the sperm test is like 30, and the fertility test is maybe 10-12 bucks

How are things going? I hope you get your BFP!! I think there is a fertility test for women. I cant remember if it's by First Response or Answer. I'm not sure how it works either. Keep us posted

8 more days for me! It's going to be a looonnnggg 8 days :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"