Is this a positive? Never used this brand before-UPDATE Page 2

leyoung20

Reaction score
I am 99% sure these are positive. I did a second one right after the first because I wan't to verify! I had a miscarriage almost 4 weeks ago so i've just been testing for ovulation randomly (based on some symptoms i previously got) and I still haven't gotten my first period yet. I haven't tested in a week but this morning it felt like it might be close so i took this and BAM!! Looks positive to me!! My husband will be home tonight from traveling this week so hopefully he is ready to get busy:)

What do you ladies think?

Attachments

• tests.jpg
    tests.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 28
Sorry about your loss - have you opks been negative when you have tested until now (the reason I ask is that hcg can mess up opk readings but I would have thought that after 4 weeks that your levels would be low)?

If they have I would say get BD'ing tonight!!

Yes my HCG was at 0 over 2 weeks ago (confirmed by doctor) and i have randomly taken OPKs over the past few weeks and all were very clearly negative. I took the one this morning off a whim b/c i had a feeling. I just hope I didn't also have a positive yesterday b/c my husband has been gone all week and won't be home til this afternoon!

In that case - woo hoo! :happydance: I've just O'd after a mc too so I can guess that you must be glad to be moving forward. They are pretty strong and so I would think that you will have it covered if you BD tonight. GL honey x

struth-Thanks!! We will definitely dtd tonight:) Even if this isn't our month atleast I know my body is getting back on track after the m/c which is really reassuring. And my husband will stop traveling soon so we will have more opportunities to make it happen:)

Yes - I know exactly how you feel. It is a long old road back to TTC after a mc isn't it? GL to you - I hope that you catch that egg :dust:

struth -

I just viewed your chart hon - beautiful this month btw! :)

I couldn't help but notice your temps seem a little low... have you ever had your thyroid checked? A low bbt is a good symptom of low thyroid which can mess up your cycles. It was the first indication I had of my own thyroid issues which we've just now gotten straightened out.

Just a thought...

:dust:

struth -

I just viewed your chart hon - beautiful this month btw! :)

I couldn't help but notice your temps seem a little low... have you ever had your thyroid checked? A low bbt is a good symptom of low thyroid which can mess up your cycles. It was the first indication I had of my own thyroid issues which we've just now gotten straightened out.

Just a thought...

Thanks hon - how lovely of you to look over my chart (I love chart stalking). No - I've never had my thyroid checked but I do have low temps compared to other people - pre-O they are usually around 96.5-97.0 and post-O they usually range from 97.1-97.7. They are slightly higher this cycle - I guess due to my mc (this is my first cycle since then).

I have wondered about an underactive thyroid in the past - I do have some of the symptoms (my weight fluctuates at the drop of a hat, I feel the cold - my hands are always cold even while exercising, brittle nails, etc) but they are generally vague and you can always put it down to something else! Do you think I should get checked out?

What range were your temps?

Thanks hon - how lovely of you to look over my chart (I love chart stalking). No - I've never had my thyroid checked but I do have low temps compared to other people - pre-O they are usually around 96.5-97.0 and post-O they usually range from 97.1-97.7. They are slightly higher this cycle - I guess due to my mc (this is my first cycle since then).

I have wondered about an underactive thyroid in the past - I do have some of the symptoms (my weight fluctuates at the drop of a hat, I feel the cold - my hands are always cold even while exercising, brittle nails, etc) but they are generally vague and you can always put it down to something else! Do you think I should get checked out?

I would, but don't be surprised if they tell you your levels are within normal limits. I've heard a lot of women describe how they've got the symptoms, and the low bbt (getting into the 96F consistently ANYTIME during your fertility cycle is pretty low). You can search the charts on FF for hypothyroid (its an option from the dropdown) and they'll show you hypothyroid charts - you can see what some women are sitting at when they KNOW they have hypothyroidism.

Anyway, I'm no medical professional, but it was something that I noted when I took a peek at your chart - habit I guess since I stalked charts looking for the range of "normal" temps :)

I'm glad I got it checked out. It takes a little while for the medication to start to work, but I think I feel a bit better already and I've been on the meds for about 3 weeks.

So after my positive OV on Friday the 29th we bd'd so hopefully we caught the egg! My positive OPK came almost 4 weeks after I miscarried. Today would make me 10dpo and last night and this morning I had an almost positive OPK and this morning a definite positive OPK....do you think my body didn't release an egg the first time or do you think i could be pregnant?

Last time I was pregnant my only sign was really sore boobs. This week no sore boobs but i'm extremely tired, more than ever.

AHH...I don't have any pregnancy tests and I don't really feel pregnant but could it be?

I would, but don't be surprised if they tell you your levels are within normal limits. I've heard a lot of women describe how they've got the symptoms, and the low bbt (getting into the 96F consistently ANYTIME during your fertility cycle is pretty low). You can search the charts on FF for hypothyroid (its an option from the dropdown) and they'll show you hypothyroid charts - you can see what some women are sitting at when they KNOW they have hypothyroidism.

Anyway, I'm no medical professional, but it was something that I noted when I took a peek at your chart - habit I guess since I stalked charts looking for the range of "normal" temps :)

I'm glad I got it checked out. It takes a little while for the medication to start to work, but I think I feel a bit better already and I've been on the meds for about 3 weeks.

Some people are mouth breather, doesn't that cause low temp too? If that's the case, she may have take her temp. somewhere else.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Mouth-Breathing-and-Lower-Temperatures.html

deafgal said:
Some people are mouth breather, doesn't that cause low temp too? If that's the case, she may have take her temp. somewhere else.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Mouth-Breathing-and-Lower-Temperatures.html

There are a bunch of things that can make temps higher or lower than average. The very least being the general temperature of the room :).

That said, that's a very good point to mention - but I'm not sure why she'd have to take her temp anywhere else... looks like she's getting good thermal shifts taking it where she is right now :) - and for fertility tracking that's all we're looking for. We don't really care that her temps are in the low 97s high 96s... just that there's a nice shift in temps.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"