Is this a problem?

Catmumof4

Reaction score
Hi all (bit of background- so my blood pressure is usually around 125/80)

Today I was insanely tired and fell asleep from 8.30 to 12 got up had some lunch and put the washing on the line. Felt really dizzy so laid down for a min. When felt a little better I slowly got up and then blacked out for just a second!!
Got some pain in my stomach so rang the midwife who has sent me to delivery suite.

They left me in a room ages which was fine cos I know they are really busy but when I stood to put my phone on charge I blacked out again!!

They have done my blood pressure a couple of times and was fine then one time I lifted my head and it went down to 80/50 but come back up again. Still got headache and stomach ache.

Has anyone else felt like this??

It’s really normal in your 2nd trimester for blood pressure to get lower. That’s low for you for sure, and can definitely cause your blackouts. I’m normally 90/50 and don’t black out but that’s normal for me. I’m sure they will take good care of you, but I’d say you could stand to get your BP up a bit by drinking some more water. If you are on a low sodium diet adding some sodium/electrolytes would help too.

@Reiko_ctu Thanks for the reply hun, I'm still in. Dr wanted full bloods so waiting on them and wanted an ecg so waiting on him doing that.
Being my 7th baby I'm amazed iv never had low blood pressure before! X

That's definitely normal with low blood pressure. Mine is 90/60 and drops lower during pregnancy and causes fainting.

I'm like Bev, my normal is also 90/60, so during pregnancy I drop to like 75/50 and worse, haha. So I get like that ALL the time. Once I did see my not-usual-doctor and she was like freaked out haha! But I'm fine, I just learn to get up and move slower from laying to up when I'm pregnant!

This happened to me twice when I was pregnant with my DD. I blacked out while getting up. Freaked my husband out so he took me in, but everything was fine while I was there and they just told me to drink a bit of Gatorade everyday and stay hydrated. Never happened again, and I never had it with my son or this pregnancy so far.

Thank u all!! The Drs have kept me in for iv fluids and monitoring the medics weren't happy and said the symptoms weren't typical for low bp.. I think a mix of low bp plus dehydration just wiped me out x

Ah hon sorry ure in hospital. I hope you feel better soon and are able to go home soon

Should be able to today I can now sit and stand without feeling dizzy lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->