Is this a start of something? Spotting after pap smear

hello_kitty

Reaction score
I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and had a pap smear done 2 days ago. I was spotting orange blood with what looked like small tissues afterwards but it gradually stopped. I wasnt worried since I know its to be expected. About 5 minutes ago I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I saw some discharge, not much and it the discharge there was the tiniest string of pink blood. It was really tiny I had to put it up really close to my eyes. I tried to pee some more like two more times and the second time there was nothing and the third time there was discharge and again the pink string only this time it was even tinier almost microscopic. Is this left over blood from the pap am I just over worrying myself? I am not experiencing any pain and the us from 2 days ago showed a healthy baby. Please share if you have any experience with this and paps. Thanks!

Pap smear means they were poking your cervix. As there is more blood vessels there right now cervix is quite tender and that is what caused spotting. Unless you have strong period like cramps and red blood don't worry :)

A smear will cause spotting as they scrape some cells off your cervix! I remember having a bit of spotting after my last one.

I had spotting the day of and the day after my pap smear. I chalked it up to that anyway until I got my BFP a few days later…pretty sure it was implantation bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->