Is this a strange Name combo?

N

nolansmom

Hellooooo ladies.. First post in second tri.. :) Happy to be here..

Not gender specific and not even gender hopeful at this point. 5 grandsons in my family, no granddaughters but am happy with healthy (really)..

My Ds is "Nolan".. I love last name names, and was looking for a boys name ending in AN as I can't see myself with a Matthew or Thomas sort of name.

I came across RYLAN and like it. Do you think it's too similar to first Ds (even though I am being intentional in the AN ending)??

And of course the common connection to NOLAN is NOLAN RYAN.. So would it be off to have Ds#1 as Nolan and Ds#2 as Rylan?

I can't find any other names that interest me AT ALL.. :( It's like I get something in my head and it just sticks and nothing else is good enough.

Any thoughts?

I love Rylan and don't think its too similar at all!

I like it but there are loads more AN ending boys names that go. Few are

Ethan
Rylan
Caydan
Masan

But in my view its your childrens names and your choice but why do they need to go together?

I like it too. There's also Dylan and Marlan.

I like it but there are loads more AN ending boys names that go. Few are

Ethan
Rylan
Caydan
Masan

But in my view its your childrens names and your choice but why do they need to go together?

I don't want completely different sounding names for them. I guess it's also that I chose Ds#1 name based on what I like and so to get away from that would be hard - I don't like other names a whole bunch. Kinda like having a biblical name and then a random new age name - sticking to a theme really.. :) Thanks for suggestion - I like Ethan but OH has 2 cousins both with Ethan so that wouldn't work.. I guess it's a strange thing with name picking - something just strikes us and there is no going back. :)

Plus will be easier on my tattoo addition.. :) haha

Sorry, I think it's too similar, a bit like you're trying to be gimmicky or make some kind of set. I'm someone who isn't really into doing that so maybe it wouldn't be a bother to most.

Sorry, I think it's too similar, a bit like you're trying to be gimmicky or make some kind of set. I'm someone who isn't really into doing that so maybe it wouldn't be a bother to most.

Thanks for opinion.. Yes, I am trying to do that.. haha.. :) Reminds me of the 19 kids and counting show where they all start with "J".. But yes I guess that's the point for me.. Something similar - :)

I quite like both names!! I think they can definitely go together

Obviously they are super similar, but if that's what you're going for I see nothing wrong with it!!

I know someone with girls named Mia (mee-uh) and Mya (My-uh)...

I quite like both names!! I think they can definitely go together

Obviously they are super similar, but if that's what you're going for I see nothing wrong with it!!

I know someone with girls named Mia (mee-uh) and Mya (My-uh)...

that would be confusing as hell as I would pronounce both as My-ah

Harrison
Jackson/Jaxon
Samson
Mason
Kian
Aiden
Aaron
Caden

I personally don't like rylan because of the 'famous' rylan. I like Riley!!

Harrison
Jackson/Jaxon
Samson
Mason
Kian
Aiden
Aaron
Caden

I personally don't like rylan because of the 'famous' rylan. I like Riley!!

I was just about to say all rylan reminds me of is that guy from X factor! I personally wouldn't choose names that similar but it is after all your choice! We're avoiding names that sound anything like the other 2 children's, would just get confusing.

Ps to add to that, you will always get someone that doesn't like your choice of name, go with whatever YOU like :)

Too similar for my tastes. It matches as opposed to "goes"

love rylan! and in my opinion nolan and rylan sound great together :)))

No I think that they're the perfect pair... I like siblings names that are similar personally.

Rylan is beautiful.

PP mentioned Dylan... it's pretty common but if you don't mind, it's a great name that I loved but OH did not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->