• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this a strange thing I secretly celebrate????

wtbmummy

Reaction score
So today is SIX years since I found the courage and strength to leave a physical and mentally abusive relationship.
Unfortunatly it has left permenant scars that I still deal with to this day. Every year I have this secret celebration in my head how lucky I am to be where I am now and look back at everything I went through.

Does anyone think its odd I do this every year still after six years???

On another note today is something to celebrate anyway as it is only 30days until my edd :happydance: but has left me quiet torn with my emotions :dohh:

I left a similar type of relationship 6/7 yrs ago, more mental than physical. First year I relived every single day of the breakup. Second/ third year I was aware of some certain anniversaries. Each year not as much especially since having the children. This year I was so busy with my MMC that in all honesty I don't think I remembered any part of it.

But no, I don't think its strange. Well done for leaving!!

No, not strange at all. Massive kudos to you for having the strength and courage to leave. You should celebrate and I hope you don't ever stop - you gave yourself back your life and that is priceless. :thumbup:

Not at all, it's really important that we remember our inner strength and what the past has taught us. Well done for doing what you did, you chose a better life :hugs: However it's also good to let go of the past and just take with you the lessons you learnt, so I hope that when you remember it, it doesn't still upset you or bring you down, but just reminds you what you did :)
Amazing about getting so close to meeting your baby, congratulations and good luck! :happydance:

God, no. I think you should be proud of yourself every day for having to strength to get out of something like that. You totally deserve your little celebration. :hugs:

I don't think it's something you should secretly celebrate... rather something you should shout from the mountain tops! You are an inspiration to so many women who are struggling from abusive relationships. Don't go about it quietly rather share where you came from and how to get out. Congrats on both this milestone and only having 30 days till you meet your new LO!!!

Thank you everyone. :flower:

I am at the point now where I just remember the strength that I have within me when I need it most.

I mostly think about how it's made me a better person through the experiances I went through and this year I think more than ever just how lucky I truly am.

I have an amazing supportive husband, a lovely home, a gorgeous kitten and we are waiting for our baby to complete are little family :happydance:

I couldnt ask for anything more and if it wasnt for the bad I might not appreiate what I have now.

I got the courage to tell DH earlier and he just said "I knew there was something you werent telling me today" n laughed. Then he went on to say how I am insperational to him cause I just keep going even when things are really bad and how hes so glad to have me as his wife :blush: (see very supportive)

Thank you so much ladies, your words have reminded me just how strong I can be and how much better I made my life :happydance:

I also have that secret celebration too!!
I'm also dealing with lots of metal scars and difficulties from it, but knowing I've got my two and my OH back is the best feeling in the world.

Such a dark time for anyone who's been in that situation.
Finding that strength was the strongest And weakest I've ever been :hugs:
Celebrate and celebrate well! Xxx

I think it's a good thing that you can look back and see how lucky you are to get where you are today.
to get over something like that will take a while, but for you see to how far you've come is a really good thing.

Wow what a great thread. You're so inspiring! I wish more women here could be in the position you are now, posting your fantastic celebratory moment rather than being caught up in emotional abuse. I'd be out for a non-alcoholic beverage with the girls, the end of your old life and beginnings of the new life is worth celebrating lady!:wohoo:

It isn't strange at all! It's wonderful that you got yourself out of a bad situation and have your happy ending now with a man who gives you the love you deserve. Congratulations! Never feel embarrassed about celebrating your inner strength and perseverance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->