Is this a symptom of reflux? Newborn waking after 5-10 min

2ndontheway

Reaction score
Hi,

My LO is 4.5 weeks old. She has always been difficult to get to sleep, but has recently gone on a sleep strike.

She will fall asleep in my arms only to wake up a few minutes later (anywhere from 2-10 minutes later). She wakes up in my arms or in her crib, so it's not the transferring her into her crib that's waking her up. I know she's overtired, but I spend most of the day (seriously) trying to get her to sleep. Her sleep is disturbed at night, too. She used to wake every two hours, but now will do one stretch of 3 hours, then she's super restless the rest of the night (noisy sleeping, requiring a lot of patting, waking up a lot). I really don't think it's hunger-she seems to be gaining wait really well and i'm producing a good supply.

She spits up a lot, sometimes an hour or so after she's eaten. She's not super fussy when she eats (or right afterwards) though.

Just curious if this inability to stay asleep could be due to acid creeping up as she's drifting off to sleep. :shrug: Thank you.

ETA: I forgot to add that I try swaddled and unswaddled, it doesn't seem to matter.

She is still very little and her sleep will be quite up in the air for a few more weeks. There are also loads of growth spurts in the first few months which affects sleep.

The spit up is quite normal - is there a lot or just a bit of milk dribble? Where you say that she is ok during feeds - doesn't sound typical of reflux IMO.

Mmm, hard to tell

Is she showing any other symptoms? :shrug:

There is a great thread on here dedicated to reflux, you should post your question there, as alot of the ladies are really helpfull :hugs:

Evan used to wake up up to 20 mins after falling asleep, but he'd wake up screaming until he was sat up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->