Is this a totally silly thing to be worrying about? Maybe mean to OH :-/

lexey_7

Reaction score
I just had this horrible thought pop up and my immediate reaction was to send off a nasty message to OH :-/

A few weeks ago one of my doggies had a horrible seizure and we thought we'd lost him, by a miracle he pulled through and is doing well on his epilepsy tablets (touch wood) but since then I've been to terrified to leave him alone. At the end of next month I'm supposed to be going away to Devon for a week (don't even get me started on this one!! Argg, it's not the fact that I don't want to spend my holiday with OH's family it's more the fact that this is my only holiday this year. OH went snowboarding for a week in January and now this week with his family, being self employed he can't afford to have anymore time off as he's having 2 weeks after baby's born so my holiday this year is a week with his entire family)
Maybe this is why I was already a little bitter :growlmad:!
Anyway.. my mom always has dogs when I'm away but her holiday overlaps by the first few days. I thought about kennels and maybe OH's dad but after all this with Coby being ill I just wouldn't enjoy myself worrying about leaving him. I decided I'd stay at home for the first 3 days then drive down after its about 3/4hours.

This was all fine until about an hour ago, I suddenly had a thought... what if I go into labour! Ill only be 34 weeks but my mom had me then, ill be all alone, OH will be hours away and my mom in a different country :cry:
I text OH telling him how selfish I think he is and that he should wait until we can all go down together.. that clearly his family are more important than me and his unborn daughter and I know now he doesn't truley love me. I really laid it on!

Now I'm thinking humm :shrug: maybe that was a bit uncalled for. I could have talked about it with him when he got home. Kind of wishing I could take back my message but I am still worried that ill have nobody if anything did happen. Probably still a bit p****d that he used all his holiday up without ever even asking me.

Sorry I know this post doesn't really achieve anything I just needed to get it all out.. have a been an awful person or would you be concerned too?
Thanks ladies xxxx

I wouldn't worry about going into labour at 34 weeks - I know it can happen but it's so unlikely.

Maybe send hubbie a text apologising for being harsh and blame it on the hormones? :flower:

ive had to laugh a little hun :) not in a disrespectful way... its just funny isn't it, how irrational we are then all of a sudden think 'that was a bit much!' :haha:
its partially hormones, its allowed! don't feel bad!
and I can totally see where u are coming from!!! x

I have to admit, I've had my "snap at DH" moments and I've always had to apologize. My biggest problem is that I feel like I'm fair to feel the way I feel but I shouldn't be mean to him about it either.

Maybe you jumped the gun a bit with the text but that's okay! I'd definitely apologize but explain how you feel and that you're just scared and didn't mean to take it out on him. Not trying to throw advice in your face...this is just what works for me. DH is usually very understanding but he will tell me I just need to work with him and realize that he's on my side. (I'm slowly learning he can't read my mind, unfortunately ;) )

You're going through a lot right now so I think it's understandable for you to have had a quick reaction like that.

Hope it works out! :hugs:

LOL ive been doing the same thing! I freaked out on OH the other night because he didnt put a straw in my chocolate milk at bed time!! He'll understand but do apologize for over reacting. I dont think theres anything to worry about at 34 weeks but I def wouldnt leave my eppy dog in a kennel for any amount of time especially with an "episode" as recent as that. One of my Yorkies was epileptic as a puppy and now i think she has brain damage because of it. Shes the sweetest thing but eats her own poo and is absent minded enough to walk into walls. I refuse to leave her with anyone but my mum to this day. Good luck with both of your babies

Use it as your one free "moment" during pregnancy.

He will know you truly didn't mean to be harsh. And just explain to him at this time in your pregnancy and with all the stress, 3 days isn't too much to ask for the safety of your baby, your fur baby and yourself.
Although things will probably be fine, you don't feel comfortable taking that risk and he needs to support you in this.

It gets your message across in a nice " I'm the pregnant lady, now listen here " way :haha:

Also. I'm so glad your doggy was okay. They are so much apart of the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->