Is this my period.. or?

fairycat

Reaction score
It's been 5 weeks since my d&c and I'm still showing positive on pregnancy tests. My digi is negative so I know my number is under 50 at least. Yesterday I started cramping and spotting which ended pretty quickly. I thought AF was going to finally start. Then tonight I had cramps again with a little spotting, and the cramps progressed to where I needed to take something. They weren't the normal AF cramps... it's almost a pinching hurty feeling. Anyhow, nothing is reaching my pad, but whenever I go to the bathroom I'm passing dark red tissue and just have a little spotting.

Is this my period trying to start or is this like the "after miscarriage" of tissue left behind?

Sorry for you loss. I'm not 100% but it sounds to me like your passing old material from the miscarriage. Hope your periods start to regulate soon for you x

That's what I'm afraid of. So am I going to have to wait another month for my actual period? I'm not sure how this stuff works. :(

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

This same thing happened to me last year. I had a miscarriage that didn't start on its own and required a D&C, and six weeks later I was still showing positive on tests. It turned out that a bit of the placenta had been retained, and I had to have a repeat D&C to get it out. I was pretty upset! :nope:

My doctor wanted to just wait it out, but I insisted on blood tests to chase my HCG levels down to zero. When he saw that they really were NOT falling, he did the repeat D&C.

I would definitely call your doctor and if he/she balks and tries to tell you it's just "a hormone dump" or "it will take time" or whatever, insist on testing until you get down to where you should be. Losing a pregnancy is hard enough; having to wait for soooo long before having a period and the possibility of trying again just adds insult to injury.

I already called the office on Friday, they said it was normal about my levels and will take time. They said if I don't get a period by 6 weeks to call them back. They offered a blood test but I declined, because I get queasy when giving blood... I've passed out before. I just want my period so I can move on. This is so frustrating.

Phew, turns out this was the start of my period. A couple hours ago it started. Big relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->