Is this name cute or a bit sad?

I have no idea what derogatory term is now associated with daisy chain in the urban dictionary (wtf is that anyway) and I certainly wouldn't let it put me off the name.

I know three or four little Daisy's and it's a lovely name. :thumbup:

I like it. Love daisy and it will end up suiting her her whole life. X

Haha for those people who didnt no I decided to google what a daisy chain was (the rude one) and found this on urban dictionary

Daisy Chain

Partner (A) is sucking off or eating out partner (B) who is sucking off or eating out partner (C) and so on until the final person is sucking off or eating out partner (A). Partners can be gay, lesbian or straight.

"The Daisy chain is a favorite party game at large orgies."

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I like it :). I wouldn't let a that association put me off as most names can be made into a rude joke- kids are surprisingly creative when it comes to things like that :winkwink:.

i love the name daisy ....hence my 2 year old is daisy elizabeth.......stick with it , its beautiful x

The urban dictionary version of a daisy chain made me giggle!, how silly!.

I wouldn't let that bother me. I think if you were hyphenation the name so Daisy-Jane I'd be a little concerned that people would think you were saying daisy chain but as a middle name it sounds great, I mean do you ever introduce yourself with your middle name? I don't lol.

Lovely name choice x

I think Daisy is a nice name. If you're worried about the daisy chain association, then I'd just add another name to go in between. Daisy Elizabeth Jane, for example.

Thank you :) still like the name so I think its sticking :) thanks girls xx

Before I had even read past the first line I thought that sounds a lot like daisy chain and I personally would not have it. I do like the name Daisy however and I think its lovely that you've got Jane for the reasons you've said. If you're not bothered with how it sounds then go for it!

My daughter has a picture book about insects preparing for a butterfly ball, and there is one page that says "Lots of bugs are hanging up daisy chains"

And there's a photo of them hanging up streamers of daisies to decorate for the party.

So clearly whoever wrote that had never heard of this derogatory term :haha: And I never had before reading this thread. I wouldn't let it put you off OP, Daisy Jane is a lovely name so if you love it, go for it

I wouldn't worry about the daisy chain association as I think it's a nice name with a touching tribute to your MIL.

Overall I'm not a fan of "theme" names, yours being flowers with Daisy and Lily but with that being said, I do think it's a lovely name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->