Is this nickname ok? Does it work?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Do you think the nickname Lil could be used for Eliza?
Thanks

It sort of works... it's not the first name I would think of for a girl nicknamed Lil, but that doesn't mean it can't be. You can nickname a child anything you like! She may not identify with the name Eliza though if you never use it and may spend forever explaining 'im really called Eliza but everyone calls me Lil' - something which an izzy would never have to do as it's fairly obvious she would be Isabelle. Anyway that may not be a problem but it's just a thought...

Well they use Bob for Robert and Dick for Richard, and I think Lil is a LOT closer to Eliza than either of those two! If you like it, then it's great :)

I don't think it works. When I think Eliza I think - Lizzie or Izzy, maybe Ellie. You can use whatever name you like though! Everyone guesses my name incorrectly based on my nickname.

I don't think it works. When I think Eliza I think - Lizzie or Izzy, maybe Ellie. You can use whatever name you like though! Everyone guesses my name incorrectly based on my nickname.

We already have an izzy xx

I'd use it. As a pp said, you can use any nickname you like. But at least with Lil the 'Li' part of it has been taken. People will probably say "is that short for Lilly" a lot but taht's not really much bother. I mostly go by Ellie but I get asked "is that short for Eleanor" a lot, despite Ellie mostly being short for Eleanor- people like to check. It isn't a big deal to say "yes" and it won't be a big deal for your LO to say "no, Eliza".

I'd use it. As a pp said, you can use any nickname you like. But at least with Lil the 'Li' part of it has been taken. People will probably say "is that short for Lilly" a lot but taht's not really much bother. I mostly go by Ellie but I get asked "is that short for Eleanor" a lot, despite Ellie mostly being short for Eleanor- people like to check. It isn't a big deal to say "yes" and it won't be a big deal for your LO to say "no, Eliza".

It wouldn't bother me as we like the name Lily so I dont mind if people presume thats her name I sill just correct them like you said x

Lily is my all time favourite name!

Lily is my all time favourite name!

We love it but it's soo popular.
Well I think it's not as much now but when my daughter was born it was and I thin it may be the new 'Emily' of my age x

Yes it definitely is :) That wouldn't bother me if I ever had a daughter as I just love the name so much. We went for a very 'common' name for our son too because we adore it x

I don't think Freddie or Jack are common, definitely not 'chavy' common.
It doesn't normally bother me as names are popular for a reason, because they're nice but there are so many Lily-May Lily-Rose x

Yes I'm not keen on the whole Lily-Mae craze either! I have a baby in my future called Lily Martha I hope haha! I presumed Jack was common when we chose it but I think actually it was more common 5 or 6 years ago so there are lots of Jack's that age, and I don't know any apart from my son his age. While we're on the subject, Isabelle, Rose and Iris were all on our girls lists at some point or another! Oh and Daisy! Jack was going to be Daisy lol

I have only ever come across one baby Jack! I love the name. It's such a mans name but still lovely for a baby.
Lol how strange! Freddie was on our list too. Definitely have the same taste in names!
Just wish I could fall in love with one x
Lily Martha is lovely ! We would have Lily Eliza x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"