Is this normal!? 4w1d

Mar1087

Reaction score
Hi Ladies! I am very early in my pregnancy...today marks 4 weeks 1 day! I found out 2 days ago and have my first prenatal appointment at OB on Monday. The night of the day I found out I suddenly came down with a nasty cold! I was fine ALL DAY and then 9pm and BAM! Sick! I'm miserable :(.

Anyway - two questions.

1. Is cramping normal? Like random "oh my uterus!!" Cramping that lasts only like 15-30 seconds? It freaks me out because it is so early.

2. I can't sleep! The past two nights not only have I struggled to fall asleep, but I'm also waking up at 3AM! Yesterday I was up for 2 hours before getting in 1 more hour before my alarm. So far today it's been 45 mins and counting. I am TIRED! I just can't sleep? Feeling sick on top of this isn't help :( - is it normal and does it go away? Lol I thought during your first trimester you were always tired and slept a lot!?

Sounds completely normal to me. Your uterus is doing all kinds of tricks to make a safe haven for that babe.
I've heard of ladies getting colds first thing in pregnancy. I've never experienced that except a stuffy nose. So that could be why you aren't sleeping well either, and pregnancy will always be on your mind.
And I didn't get super tired in the first trimester until like half way through and then I took naps, which isn't common for me.
Anyways, sounds like it's going well so far!! Good luck!! :)

Cramping is really common, i've had it on and off quite a lot this pregnancy and with my other two children. Try not to worry but If you get any bleeding or spotting with the cramping then best to get checked.

Sleep problems are really common too. I've had weeks where I can barely stay awake and weeks where I just can't get to sleep. The worst sleep thing for me has been bizarre vivid dreams all night long! I wake up feeling so disorientated and exhausted after! I had it every night from 3 weeks (it's how I knew I was pregnant! ) until about 8 weeks. With my daughter I had it most nights throughout third trimester. As sleep is so variable at the moment I just try to go to bed early and sleep at any moment I can!

Yes and yes :) completely normal, congrats Hun

I had really bad insomnia early on this pregnancy. The cramps I still get every once in a while but it's transitioned more to bloating gassy type cramps. Pretty sure these are normal symptoms. Congrats on the new pregnancy!

Congratulations!
Yes its completely normal, i've felt 'crappy' all week, just run down. Although i've been so tired and falling asleep after work, i'm not actually getting much sleep at night which is really annoying!

Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->